Keyword

[SOLVED] Hiding modules on a details page

• Steven Trooster
  • Steven Trooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #131170 by Steven Trooster
[SOLVED] Hiding modules on a details page was created by Steven Trooster
On our site, www.ugenda.nl , we have a catergorylisting of articles (the 'news' section) on the homepage. Above that we have several modules that use the entire screen when opening the site, thus the list of articles is further down. This is fine, and intended, on the homepage.

But if you click on an article title to read the full article, the homepage modules stay above the article, thus the reader has to scroll down before he can see that the page actual has changed.
The url of the full article page is: /item/10729-articlealias

I've created a menu item 'news' which lists the news articles without the modules. (www.ugenda.nl/home/nieuws) but even there, the frontpage modules appear, if you click through to the full article. (Resulting in the above url)
Only if I change the url by hand to: /home/nieuws/item/10729-articlealias the modules are gone, and the page is as intended.

How can I set up our site so that the links to the full article go to a page that uses the news-page layout, and not the homepage lay-out? (In other words, how can I force the homepage to use the itemid of the news-page)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #131171 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Hiding modules on a details page
If both the news and the homepage are inheriting the same category then the item might be displayed with the default id instead of the news one.

You need to either have several categories in the your default menu item or use an extension like Modules Anywhere to have these modules not render inside K2 items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Steven Trooster
  • Steven Trooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #131172 by Steven Trooster
Replied by Steven Trooster on topic Re: Hiding modules on a details page
Thanks, the first option helped. I created a subcategory, which I called news as well. Had the menu news point to a listing of this subcategory and set up the homepage to display the parent and all (in my case just one) subcategories. That works fine.