Keyword

K2 TEMPLATE OVERRIDE

• Peter Waddingham
  • Peter Waddingham's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #131410 by Peter Waddingham
K2 TEMPLATE OVERRIDE was created by Peter Waddingham
Hi i wondered if you could help me - I am struggling with this template override thing too... A noddies guide would really help. I have tried to follow numerous guides

My current position is - my template that is set as default on my joomla back end is one called FAVOURITE

If I go in mywebsite/templates/FAVOURITE/css there is a file called k2style.css - if I change things in here I get the changes on the front end.

Obviously what i want to be able to do is template override so I can pick another template for different menu category views etc...

I have read things about CSS4K2 plugins and how these are not needed and downloaded files for template overides etc etc.. but nothing seems to work....

Lastly i have set up a folder under templates/FAVOURITE/html/com_k2 called NEW TEMPLATE which i can see in the category item select a template drop down box in K2 - it is just what do I put in here to override things

many thnaks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #131411 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: K2 TEMPLATE OVERRIDE
You'll find everything you need here getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

P.S. There is no reason posting 3 times the same thing. Your other posts have been deleted.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Peter Waddingham
  • Peter Waddingham's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #131412 by Peter Waddingham
Replied by Peter Waddingham on topic Re: K2 TEMPLATE OVERRIDE
Thank you - apologies for duplicate posts - was in error.

This is the documentation I gave already tried to follow but to no avail.

If the code that I change in k2style.css gets my desired changes - which is the file that I need to change from the ones that I have copied from /components/com_k2/templates/ according to the instructions?

More
10 years 1 month ago #131413 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: K2 TEMPLATE OVERRIDE
The CSS file that you mention is probably loaded on demand by your template. It's not a K2 system file. You can however override K2's CSS. All you have to do is copy the contents of /components/com_k2/css/ within your template's /css folder. Then modify k2.css as you wish and it will override the default behaviour. If however your template is indeed using k2style.css, you might want to simply change that file. This file however could simply be adding styles to k2.css which is loaded by K2 by default.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)