Keyword

[SOLVED] side modules rendering in item page (Multilingual)

More
10 years 1 month ago #131434 by SE
Hello

Side modules are not being rendered in k2 item pages in our multilingual website. in single language websites we solved this by creating a hidden menu item linked to all k2 categories. this did not work for the multilingual site however.

How do we go about fixing this?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #131435 by JoomlaWorks
I don't think this is a bug. If you are using Joomla multilingual features, then I can only assume that if modules don't display, it's because they are not assigned to the language that is currently visible.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #131436 by SE
Unless I create a hidden menu item for k2 categories, single k2 articles will not render in a menu item page. as far as i know you can only assign modules to menu pages.

Hidden menu >>> /site_name/menu_page/category_name/item_name.

no hidden menu >>> /site_name/category_name/item_name

on our multi language website the k2 ignores that hidden menu for some reason. perhaps because there is /en for language in the address or something?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #131437 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: side modules rendering in item page (Multilingual)
Does this category belong to another menu item as well?
Keep in mind that despite the hidden menu, the menu item itself should be assigned to a specific language.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 1 month ago #131438 by SE
There is one blog menu which has two parent categories assigned.(tested this with one parent category too) and a hidden menu that has all child categories assigned.

I have tried assigning only one child category to the hidden menu and that seems to work for articles in that single category. it would be very inconvenient if we have to create a menu item for every single category though.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #131439 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: side modules rendering in item page (Multilingual)
If you have that parent category assigned then you do not need necessarily the subcategory assigned as well, although if you do assign it you will end up with cleaner/shorter URLs.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 1 month ago #131440 by SE
The main issue here is that I can't display side modules on k2 single article pages. we over come that by creating a hidden menu item and assigned all sub categories to it.( this solution was posted online somewhere). this is not working for multi lingual sites however and we still cant display side modules on single k2 items. unless we create a menu item for every single category.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #131441 by Krikor Boghossian
I think you should look for an extension which handles these modules.
Have you tried modules anywhere?

An other approach would be with custom coding but that would still require mapping all that content to menu items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #131442 by SE
This is no longer an issue.

After removing a duplicate hidden menu and double checking the category list in the main menu. Article page was rendering all side modules correctly.

Thank you

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #131443 by Krikor Boghossian
You 're welcome SE.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---