Keyword

I've got an issue and a question with K2 readmore

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #131585 by John
Hello this is my first post here as I have recently just started using K2. I am redoing the website for aguild/clan and I have run into an issue and a question that are both stumping me.

First off when i enable a read more break in K2 for whatever reason it seems to change bulleted items into a check instead of a bulleted text. It's a strange issue and only seems to be present if I use the read more that breaks off into it's own article. It changes when read more is clicked into the check boxes as well which creates some clear issues since some things in the bulleted list have text right next to them and the checkbox overlaps on top of it.

The next question is how to change read more text from something like gavick's game magazine into something more like a button. The text all to easily is something that can easily be skipped over. I have looking to change it to something that looks more like the read more button found on this site here

raisehavoc.net/this-is-why-i-archeage

Notice their read more text is in a box with the wording read more and a color when it is hovered over.

And back to the first issue. This issue is prevalent even if the article is launched from the main Home screen and read more is displayed. (which is where read more is shown right now as i was having that trouble on the link titled blog on our site)

I am curious as to why this is happening and just how i can get a button that operates the way it is on havoc.

Our site's URL

www.backup4.thephoenixrepublic.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #131586 by John
Okay so i managed to fix the front page one using JCE sorta..... but the one on the blog still appears to be messed up when read more is there... I don't get why it is creating check marks at random at all as they are not there when editing and only when the read more elements are introduced to the article.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #131587 by John
Okay so seems the typography seting in my template for whatever reason was causing that icon not sure why. Still unsure how i'd go about creating a read more element inside a box though.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #131588 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: I've got an issue and a question with K2 readmore
The styling of the button should be done with CSS.
a.k2ReadMore { Your CSS code here }

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #131589 by John
Thank you i will try to look into this more though i'm not sure how that one is setup directly since it seems to use the same styling as the upper buttons seemingly.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #131590 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: I've got an issue and a question with K2 readmore
The template's developer will provide some valuable insight in this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)