Keyword

AddThis 'Social Button' Not Displaying

• Michael Perez
  • Michael Perez's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #131793 by Michael Perez
AddThis 'Social Button' Not Displaying was created by Michael Perez
Hello,

I'm trying to include the AddThis social button next to the font size option in each K2 item. These are the steps I took to make this happen:
  1. I created an AddThis profile and generated the HTML and Javascript code to be included on the site.
  2. I logged into the site and went to Components > K2 > Parameters > Social.
  3. I pasted the HTML and Script into the "Social button' code option then saved the changes
  4. I went to the K2 Categories and selected a category
  5. I selected Item view options then changed the 'Social button' like ShareThis, AddThis etc. option to show and saved the changes.
  6. I went to the front end of the site and noticed the social widget did not appear as expected.

I went through all troubleshooting steps with the AddThis team to ensure proper set up. Evevrything on their end is set up properly. Unfortunately, the issue is somewhere in K2.

If anyone has any insight that can help resolve this issue I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mohamed Abdelaziz
  • Platinum Member
  • Joomla Developer
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #131794 by Mohamed Abdelaziz
Replied by Mohamed Abdelaziz on topic Re: AddThis 'Social Button' Not Displaying
Hello Michael,

Can you see the html & javascript of the AddThis button are displayed in the item view page source code?

Multiple Extra Fields Groups for K2
AutoMeta for K2
Chained Fields for K2
More K2 Extensions In My Extensions Store

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #131795 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: AddThis 'Social Button' Not Displaying
I think the new implementation of AddThis requires the code to be pasted in the header of the site.

I suggest that you follow the instructions of AddThis and implement the base script in your index.php file.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)