Keyword

Submit Website to the Showcase

• Solomon Hodge
  • Solomon Hodge's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #131797 by Solomon Hodge
Submit Website to the Showcase was created by Solomon Hodge
Hey gang,

I've done a LOT of K2 projects, but I have a website that I am incredibly excited about. I've done some very out of the box customization to this, and was curious if there's any formal process to getting a link to be checked out for the showcase section?

It's not live for a couple weeks, but until then, I've attached a couple preview screenshots of what's going on!

The site is powered with K2, of course.

1. Picture 1 highlights a module that's dynamically loading all items within a specific category.
  2. Picture 2 highlights the module once loaded.
  3. Picture 3 is creating a search, based on targeted items within Extra Fields, and dynamically changing the results on the page (the search button is there only for use when looking for a name. Dropdowns happen live). As you can see, it's also calling specific Extra Fields below the name. I adjusted the echo to only grab specific items, based on their titles (otherwise, you'd get all of them in a list)
  4. Picture 4, and the spot I am most proud of, is what we can call the "Profile", and probably the spot with the most complex explanation:
    • The background on this page is a full page, responsive graphic, pulling from the Featured Image option in K2. The CSS also forces it to use the "cover" stylings to make it fit any browser size.
    • The profile info is all extra fields areas. However, I adjusted the code so that inside the classes, it would echo the Title of the Extra Field that was being added. The result of this allowed me to do things like icon buttons for social links, instead of just having the link itself show up (so, in that picture, the twitter bird in Extra Fields just has a link, and the css creates the bird icon + hides the text)!

There's other little things in there, but yeah - that's sort of the big features so far!

So, in short: if you know how to submit links, let me know! Or inbox me :)

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #131798 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Submit Website to the Showcase
Hello Solomon.

Kudos for the site. The search functionality seems really promising.
Turning into an extension might be really worth it.

Either way you can submit it via the contact form.getk2.org/contact-us

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.