Keyword

[SOLVED] Display Categories Only, Not Items

• Sarah Jones
  • Sarah Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #131940 by Sarah Jones
[SOLVED] Display Categories Only, Not Items was created by Sarah Jones
Hello, I'm having some trouble getting the correct content to show up on my k2 page. Here is an example of what I'm trying to do. I have a category set up called "animals". There are no items directly in this category. I have sub-categories of "giraffes", "elephants", and "lions". Each of these sub-categories has several items assigned to them. I have a k2 categories page set up in the main menu that only has the "animals" category selected. I want this page to only display the sub-categories (including its image, description, and title), but not the items within these sub-categories. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #131941 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Display Categories Only, Not Items
Hello,

I believe I understand what it is you're trying to do.

This should be a combination of selecting your Primary Category and Sub-Categories in the parameters found in your Menu item.

To show the Image, Description, etc... of your category and sub-categories, this should be done in your K2 Params and be sure to set your listings (Primary, Secondary, etc...) all to "0"

I hope this was somewhat helpful, if you need any further help, please let me know and I will either try to clarify everything for you with steps and screenshots, otherwise you are welcome to contact me via contact details in my signature.

Thanks!

Chris

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #131942 by Mr_Anonymous
Replied by Mr_Anonymous on topic Re: Display Categories Only, Not Items
There is an easier way to do this. In the category setting, there should be be an options something like this "Enable Catalogue View". Just set this to 'yes' and it should work the way you want it.

• Sarah Jones
  • Sarah Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #131943 by Sarah Jones
Replied by Sarah Jones on topic Re: Display Categories Only, Not Items
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions! I enabled catalog view, and everything is working exactly how I wanted it to. Thanks so much!