Keyword

How to add an "Icon" to newly added K2 Items?

• bassem
  • bassem's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #132161 by bassem
Hello,

Any idea, how to add an "Icon" to newly added K2 Items? same as with featured items? :unsure:

Mean if a new item is added, an Icon "NEW" will appear on the Item's photo. for a given days, say a week or... a month maybe.

Thanks for any support to this issue.!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #132162 by Mr_Anonymous
Replied by Mr_Anonymous on topic Re: How to add an "Icon" to newly added K2 Items?
I was thinking about the same thing awhile ago. My idea was to replace the 'Featured' block to 'New' block via template override by editing the php and css so it shows a 'new' tag when the item is clicked as featured. I dont use featured option anyways so showing 'featured' as 'new' in item page might do it for me. Anyhow, I will be interested to see if Krikor or others have any suggestions on this.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 1 week ago #132163 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: How to add an "Icon" to newly added K2 Items?
This can be done via a template override.

PHP offers you several functions to check if the published (or created) date is older than a month or week etc...

Basically it is a simple PHP check 'if yes' then show a <div> element with a background or an icon font or simply do nothing.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #132164 by Stuart Claggett
Replied by Stuart Claggett on topic Re: How to add an "Icon" to newly added K2 Items?
I use font awesome icons in my override templates. They work great. There are various methods that can be used to install it in joomla

This is an example of how I changed the read more text to something a little more pleasing at least to me.