Keyword

I am new to joomla and k2... having some problems

• Lazer Orca
  • Lazer Orca's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #132357 by Lazer Orca
Hi there. hope everyone is doing well. So I am having two problems at the moment. I just downloaded k2 and installed it successfully to joomla and I imported all of my categories and articles. I go to put the articles from joomla in the trash (thank god I didn't delete them just yet.)

Well, I can access the various areas of my website frontend when I am logged in as a superuser with the articles and categories from joomla in the trash, but when I do so as a public user I get 404 errors. Now when I pull all of them out of the trash and publish them, I can see them as a public user. I know that I am missing a setting somewhere. I just can't find it. So what I am trying to accomplish is to trash and delete my content from joomla's interface and use k2 exclusively and have it viewable to the public of course.

The second issue I am having is with the content of the items/articles. I keep trying to hide the print icon for example, and when I refresh the item, it is still there. I have tried changing this at the category and item/article levels. Still no luck. The particular page I am working on, I have all modules and no content in the item/article, so ideally I would like to hide all of that if that is possible.

Thanks in advance. So far this k2 extension looks really nifty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #132358 by Sunny
First Issue.

Check your menu links.
I suspect that your menu links are pointing to Joomla articles and categories.

When you trash the Joomla articles, they are then no longer available, explains why you get 404.

You have to update your menu links to point to the equivalent K2 item and categories.

Second issue.
You say you are using all modules and no content.
In this case, you will have to edit your module parameters instead.

• Lazer Orca
  • Lazer Orca's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #132359 by Lazer Orca
AWESOME! Thanks for the linking of the menu items idea... that was what it was!!!

And for the other thing about the content... figured it out. once I got the articles linked I was able to hide everything accept for the "back to top" link. still trying to find that option in there to hide. I don't see it.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 5 days ago #132360 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: I am new to joomla and k2... having some problems

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)