K2 version 3 roadmap?

• Actionwave AB
  • Actionwave AB's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 days ago #132499 by Actionwave AB
K2 version 3 roadmap? was created by Actionwave AB
Hi!

Is there a road-map for K2 version 3?
I'm asking because I'm in a big project and it would be very nice to have the new "Joomla Core ACL" ;)

Regards,
Olle Zettergren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 days ago #132500 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 version 3 roadmap?
Hello there,

It is nearly ready.
You can try the beta version but it is not stable yet.

You can start with 2.6 or 2.7 DEV and update in the process.
Your templates will still work with the 3 version.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 2 days ago #132501 by Mr_Anonymous
Replied by Mr_Anonymous on topic Re: K2 version 3 roadmap?
Hi Krikore, does version 2.7 have multiple image size options and core ACL like v3? These are one of the big features I am waiting for.

More
9 years 11 months ago #132502 by Tudor Drugan
Replied by Tudor Drugan on topic Re: K2 version 3 roadmap?
Any news... ?

This was the last announcement from the development team with a release term:
As already stated in previous blog posts, we plan to release the stable release of K2 version 3 around late September/early October 2014.

Two weekes ago it was nearly ready...

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #132503 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Re: K2 version 3 roadmap?
Hy,

my experience on Roadmaps: time-flexible^

So i would not stick my personal Roadmaps on Annoncments. Wait, until its ready. Better 3 Month later and stable then to buggy.

Regards

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #132504 by Mr_Anonymous
Replied by Mr_Anonymous on topic Re: K2 version 3 roadmap?
Honestly I have given up on Version 3 release now. it is gonna take a lot longer by the looks of it. The development is extremely slow!! Version 3 has been most hyped but the development speed doesnt reflect that.... Over the past months I still havent seen any big changes done to the beta github other than minor reported bug fixes. The front end is still unfinished. The plugins (like star ratings, etc..) are still unfinished. Related items features are yet to be improved on. Some new features are like incomplete... the list goes on.. very disappointing cuz there are very good changes in version 3 coming up but the lack of "active development" is absolutely frustrating to see.....

I am curious to know when was the last time K2 released a 'major' version? Joomla 3 has been out for quite awhile now and yet K2 hasnt released an improved version (v3) and by the looks of it, it wont be coming out in 2014 neither...

I was a fan of k2 but the past few weeks is pushing me away from it day by day. Sorry to say this Krikor and Lefteris. There is a valid reason when users get frustrated and I have also read in older topics in this forum here itself were many users have complained on the same thing about version 3 development being too slow with no big official updates or announcements from Joomlaworks neither.. I dont know if K2 has come down in your priority list. I understand K2 is open source, but still its Joomlaworks's work! Why cant you put all your energy in it to get V3 stable and release it as fast as possible. There is a HUGE demand for it and it has been long time overdue..