Keyword

[SOLVED] Content Module to Display Categories in Cat View

• JOsh
  • JOsh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #132838 by JOsh
Hello Folks,

I have a K2 Site up and running using templates from nuevvo.

I want to have a content module which shows sub categories in category view.
So I have top menus that direct to a category page , text of category and related items listed below. I want a to show all the sub categories on the side in a module.
Its possible to item view and on home page.

Any tips would be appreciated

Regards,
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #132839 by Lefteris
Hi. There is no module to show the subcategories. You can either display the subcategories below the category or create menu links to subcategories and use a menu module to display them.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• JOsh
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #132840 by JOsh
Hello Left,

Thanks for the reply.

I have managed to display sub categories below main category but only shows properly to one level and 2nd level only shows image avatar. But this might just a problem with my configuration or template.

I have a K2 module create with k2 tools that shows categories all levels, it works in item view (menu, k2 . item) but this only works when viewing a full article. What I wondered was if it possible to create same that displays creates when viewing in category view. so menu k2 - category?

I guess that answers no and I will have to resort to having side menus, however when design for mobile devices this does look to good.

Many thanks

More
9 years 11 months ago #132841 by Lefteris
Regarding your questions:

1. This is how it works. This is used to display catalogs, so only the direct children of the category are displayed.

2. The module should work to all pages. You just have to assign it to all pages in the module manager as you would do with any other module. Let me know if you mean something else that i didn't get.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• JOsh
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #132842 by JOsh
Hi, got it to display the children categories properly. Required a reinstall of joomla and the template.
Some issue between the two that I couldnt find.

Thanks