Keyword

subcategories for multiple category menu item

More
9 years 11 months ago #132891 by alona
Hi!

I am building a site where I choose 2 categories to a menu item. these 2 categories have subcategories, but I noticed that they wont show, only if I choose one category to the menu item they appear, but with two categories for the same menu item hides the subcategories.

I wonder if it possible to enable that option somehow cause it is very basic option I think......

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #132892 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Re: subcategories for multiple category menu item
Hy,

select your Categories in Menu, below set "Fetch items from children categories" to "Yes" and also your Layout options.

Regards

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #132893 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: subcategories for multiple category menu item
Also do not forget to disable "Catalog mode" in the category's settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #132894 by alona
sorry, I dont need to see the items of the subcategories, I ness to see the subcategories themself.
like this: Parent Category-> Subcategories + Parent Category2-> Subcategories2 all in the same page under the same menu item, I already tried the catalog view(on and off), didnt work for me, maybe Im not doing something right? :(

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #132895 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: subcategories for multiple category menu item
In the category's settings there are settings for showing/ hiding the subcategories blocks.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 11 months ago #132896 by alona
yes, the subcategory blocks are checked as "show".
I will try to explain better: I have a menu Item, under that menu item i want to show 2 categories: X and Y,
under each category I have something like 5 subcategories, those subcategories are not showing if the parent categories are under the same menu item, only when I choose one category the subcategories of that category are showing but when I choose X+Y under the menu item I see only the items of the subcategories and not the subcategories (with the title and description).

I hope it is possible to undertstand my problem....

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #132897 by Krikor Boghossian
If both your categories are under the same menu item, then the category's settings are not respected.
The menu item's settings are being used instead.

If you want to show multiple categories in a single menu item, you need to edit the menu item's settings. Unfortunately these options are only available in the single category options.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 11 months ago #132898 by alona
Thanks for your help ,
I really need some solution for this one, maybe a module that can bring the subcategories? like mod_k2_contant but with an option to choose more than items only? or a plug? something? can u recommend ?

Thank u so much!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #132899 by Krikor Boghossian
You can use a menu module and use the menu's images and notes to include your category image and description.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 11 months ago #132900 by alona
but i need to have an Image, title and some text. is it possible to right text in menu item???