Keyword

K2 Stripping HTML Tags

• codlink
  • codlink's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #133013 by codlink
K2 Stripping HTML Tags was created by codlink
Having an issue with K2 stripping the '<' and '>' and everything in between out of articles. I am trying to post C++ code in an article. C++ libraries are added by "#include <SoftwareSerial.h>" K2 is stripping out the <> and everything in between.

I have tried all editors - Codemirror (main), TinyMCE, and no editor. Also "no Filtering" under Users, And checked all related options that would strip these tags out.

I can tell you that the default article editor under Joomla does not strip these out! It wasn't until I imported the articles that K2 stripped these out. Please advise how to stop stripping these tags out.

Joomla 2.5.27
K2 2.6.8

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• codlink
More
9 years 11 months ago #133014 by codlink
Replied by codlink on topic Re: K2 Stripping HTML Tags
I found the issue. You have to disable XSS Filtering on Save. I would imagine that a Super User would have been excluded. Super Users usually don't want to inject scripts that could harm something.. But, in reality, there probably is..

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #133015 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 Stripping HTML Tags
This is unrelate to K2.
This has to do with your WYSIWYG editor's settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• codlink
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #133016 by codlink
Replied by codlink on topic Re: K2 Stripping HTML Tags
lmao! I always wonder why software developers can't admit that the software has unintended effects. I understand that someone couldn't foresee these events, but why do you say "it's not my software" when you have proof right in front of you?

In my first post, I had troubleshooted this event to the K2 component. I stated that if I create an article outside of K2, the stripping of tags didn't occur. But if I saved an article under K2, the tags were stripped. I have articles that I imported into K2, and if I open them with K2, the tags are there. As soon as I save them under K2, the tags are stripped.

The second proof is stated under reply #2. I change "XSS Filtering on Save" under K2>Items>Parameters and what do you know, the tags aren't stripped.

The only reason why you would deny this is because you know this is a security risk by disabling XSS filtering. It's for this risk that I will extend your function to exclude the Super User account from this filtering so I can enable the filter and still be able to use tags.

The only reason why I'm posting this information is in hopes that it will help someone else with the same issue.

EDIT: I don't use 'WYSIWYG' editors. I like to see my tags while I'm editing..