Keyword

A few questions about usergroups and featured item

More
9 years 11 months ago #133047 by Andy
Hello,

apologies if this has been asked before, somehow I haven't managed to find an answer.

I'm looking into implementing K2 articles or items on my website. Basically to allow my advertisers to post their news. Now, I imagine that using modules I can implement my idea which is the bulk of these items to be shown on a news portal kind of page, but for those advertisers who pay additionally, make it possible to feature their items and be published on the frontpage of the site via a module that just pulls these featured ones.

So, I'm foreseeing having two different user groups for the above. But, bearing in mind I'm an absolute newbie to K2, I had a look and it seems to me that the possibility of featuring an item from the frontend is not something I can assign to a user group and deny to others. Is this correct? Or is there a way I overlooked?

If this is not possible, I imagine that categories could work as well for my purpose, but only if it is possible to have categories some user groups can use and not others. So, again, is this possible at all?

I appreciate in advance any answers or any alternative solutions you may imagine knowing how K2 works.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #133048 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: A few questions about usergroups and featured item
You need to use the K2 Content module. This module offers the ability to retrieve only featured items. It can also be overriden and you have as many templates for the module as you want.

For the frontend submission please read this post: getk2.org/documentation/tips-a-tricks/201-allowing-users-to-submit-content

Finally K2 uses Joomla!'s ACL for these categories so you can restrict access to certain K2 categories.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #133049 by Andy
Thank your for the reply, Krikor; I'll look into it.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #133050 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: A few questions about usergroups and featured item
You 're welcome Andy.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)