Keyword

Template usage for K2v3

More
9 years 11 months ago #133077 by Dirk
Template usage for K2v3 was created by Dirk
Hi,

Does somebody know if K2v3 will be able to use templates created vor K2v2?

I would like to decide for a template already but I do not know if there is anything specific or restricting coming with K2v3. I do not want to spent money on a template when it is not working with K2v3.

Has somebody an idea?

Thanks.
Dirk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #133078 by Mr_Anonymous
Replied by Mr_Anonymous on topic Re: Template usage for K2v3
Well.. it is hard to decide since I am stuck on the same shoes. But to answer your question, sub templates from V2.6.8 will work in version 3 since v3 has legacy layer for backward comptability. However, there has been a few changes to the template side of things in v3 and if you want to keep it clean and do things the V3 way, then you would eventually need to update your template for V3. So in other words, old templates should work but it is better to update them for V3 eventually.

I have the same issue as you. Since V3 seems to be going to take "forever", I now have to spend all my time developing my K2 template for V2.6.8 first (since I am creating from sratch) and then when V3 is released, I have to do all that once again. Not very happy.. wished v3 development wasnt crawling like a snail with a broken foot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.