Keyword

Placing full article on category page

• sandra remolif
  • sandra remolif's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #133195 by sandra remolif
Placing full article on category page was created by sandra remolif
I apologize in advance for my ignorance but I am a joomla/k2 novice with no technology background.

On my website, there are some main menu categories that only have one K2 item associated with them. When there is just one article associated with a menu item, I want to be able to display the full article and large photo directly on the category page rather than having an introduction and read more on the category page so the user has to navigate to another page for the full article.

184.154.227.11/~nevadaco/joomla3 For example: If you navigate to DO → FALL FOLIAGE you will see that a page with a small photo and introductory text appears. Instead I would like the user to click FALL FOLIAGE in the main menu and the entire article with large photo would appear. (see example #1) I know this is probably simple but I haven't been able to figure out the correct settings to be able to do this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #133196 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Placing full article on category page
You can change the menu item to point to that item or you can change that category's settings and enable the fulltext and the large image size.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• sandra remolif
  • sandra remolif's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #133197 by sandra remolif
Replied by sandra remolif on topic Re: Placing full article on category page
I have tried your suggestions but I still can't arrive at the correct settings to achieve large photo displaying on the category page with the full article. 184.154.227.11/~nevadaco/joomla3/index.php/do-main-meu-2/museums/itemlist/category/316-museums

Here is what I have done. In K2 parameters I have the large image size set to 750. I have set up a master category called MASTER CATEGORY LARGE PHOTO/FULL ARTICLE ON CATEGORY PAGE. Item image options for this category are also set to 750 for large images. Leading count is set to 1 and columns for leading set to 2. The relevant ITEM parameters are set to inherit from category.

I have set up a main menu item called museums in the menu manager. I set that menu item type as a K2 item and in the menu manager have pointed it to an item called REPOSITORIES OF TIME so that when the user clicks MUSEUMS in the MAIN MENU DROPDOWN, that full article appears on the page. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong because the article appears on the page in one column format with a small photo instead of the large photo, 2 column format specified for that master category????

More
9 years 11 months ago #133198 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Placing full article on category page
@sandra remolif

When you make a menu link to a single item then K2 will display the full item page. In that page there are no options for columns. Options for columns etc. are applied to pages where you have item listings like category pages. The options applied in item pages are named "Item view options" while the options for listings are named " Item view options in category listings" .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)