Keyword

Category Description shows for one category and do

• Victor
  • Victor's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #133200 by Victor
I have site at v-Boge.org - all articles are K2. Found quite a wierd thing: When I make one menu k2-category, that menu item will show me category image and description and under it articles of that category. But when I create exactly the same menu for another category - it won't give me the category image and description. I've checked all settings to be the same both for both menus and for both categories. Even compared sql lines for both menus and categoris - can't trace what makes the difference! Anybody could advise?

PS I even rebuilt the whole site from scratch thinking it might be because the site is old and accumulated bugs - to no avail... Really need a helping hand...

Used to use latest versions of your products, now realized those were bugs, so steadily lowering the dose of this drug and coming out cleaner and cleaner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #133201 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Category Description shows for one category and do
Check your site with another template to eliminate to possibility of a template error.
Now if your menu item points to one category the category's settings will be respected. On the other hand if your menu item is towards multiple then the menu's settings will be respected.

One last thing to check is if that category is inheriting its settings from another category.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.