Keyword

User Access Levels

More
9 years 11 months ago #133272 by Matt
User Access Levels was created by Matt
Hi All,

I am having a bit of an issue with users and user access levels in relation to K2 content.

Now I understand that K2 has its own user management and user groups and have done quite a bit of Googling and searching online to try and solve this problem before posting here.

The Scenario:
I am working on a site for a client that sells subscriptions to digital content on the site that is setup and displayed through K2 items and categories.

The site has five levels of access sold at various costs to subscribers.

Each subscription level is built on top of the previous level - i.e. assuming Level 1 is the basic level, Level 2 users have access to all Level 1 content and so on up through the various subscriptions.

In some cases there are individual items within a K2 category that are for Level 3 or Level 4 and above.

In this instance the K2 user groups are not able to filter and display the correct items for the specific users as they can only be applied to display categories, not specific user groups.

My Question:

When creating a new K2 item the Author Publishing Status has the ability to define an Access Level.

On the site I am developing K2 does not seem to take notice of this setting - is this usual behavior?

When I test a front-end user account set to display Level 2 content I am still able to see specific K2 items set for Level 3, 4 and 5 on a category menu item page.

The simple fact that this setting is available says to me that I should be able to filter content in this way - is this not the case?

All help and input is greatly appreciated - Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #133273 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: User Access Levels
Hi. K2 works fine with the Joomla! access levels. If not probably something is wrong with your setup. Ensure that the access level is also set in items edit page ( or categories edit page ) and not just the menu link.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.