Keyword

K2 comments default setting

• Kris Sibinski
  • Kris Sibinski's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #133489 by Kris Sibinski
K2 comments default setting was created by Kris Sibinski
Hello,

My name is Kris Sibinski, I'm working as Junior System Administrator in CloudAccess.net, hosting company - do you plan to change default setting of K2 comments, which I'm afraid is main source of spam we see on our platform.

The default behavior is that the K2 comments are enabled for everyone to post and in my life I've never ever seen any other extension being spammed so badly, this is just bad design right from the start.

Are there any plans to change it or at least secure K2 comments by default?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Buy Lei D (買呢D)
More
9 years 11 months ago #133490 by Buy Lei D (買呢D)
Replied by Buy Lei D (買呢D) on topic Re: K2 comments default setting
Hi,Kris Sibinski. I m other new developer in K2 and I dont think that K2 as spam as you desript.
You may try to set the parameters in Comments tag in backend. And you will find "Global setting for comments" and you can choose who can comment.

More
9 years 11 months ago #133491 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: K2 comments default setting
@Kris CloudAccess is probably the only hosting company to nag for so long about K2. K2 allows public comments by default. This is to allow new users to see all available features in K2. It's why we don't hide images or tags or any other feature in K2 by default. From that to the point where a site is left wide open to spam comments, well, this has nothing to do with K2. It only has to do with users who have no idea how comments work and don't care to secure their site. And if a user sees all these spam comments yet they don't care about them, who are we to blame them. Furthermore, lots of users use prebuilt Joomla packages from template clubs. All these leave comments enabled. And they would even if we didn't.

All in all your claim is like blaming Joomla for a hacked site because the owner of that site had "admin" for their super user password.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)