Keyword

trackback problem

• Katia Motta
  • Katia Motta's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #134964 by Katia Motta
trackback problem was created by Katia Motta
Hi everybody,
Since August this year I am facing a strange problem: my website monthly bandwith (7Gb) is very rapidly consumed by about 200 IP addresses which seem to visit my website everyday with a huge amount of access demands. Most of them are spambots/bot IPs and I am currently on the way to solve the problem by building an IP firewall in my website control panel (my provider refused to help).

I have noticed however that a good number of access strings are like this one (and I can reassure you that this is no real visit):

IP address - - [06/Dec/2014:00:51:20 +0100] "POST page string/trackback/ HTTP/1.1" 200 7299 "same page string?start=0" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) )"

Is it a real trackback? To my knowledge, I cannot see how to tweak trackbacking in K2 blog control panel.
What do you think?

Katia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 9 months ago #134991 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic trackback problem
Hello Katia,

This is more a server setup and security issue rather than a Joomla!/K2 issue. You need to find an extension or a manual .htaccess issue that blocks access to these bots.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.