Keyword

K2 2.6.9 not working at all with Joomla 3.3.6

• George Nicolae
  • George Nicolae's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #135450 by George Nicolae
K2 2.6.9 not working at all with Joomla 3.3.6 was created by George Nicolae
I used Wordpress for quite a while for it's versatility and lightness compared to Joomla.

Seen some cool Joomla templates and thought I should give them a spin on Joomla 3.3.6 + K2 to see how things work and decide if I can handle this combo to make a news-blog website.

After I uploaded and activated K2 I got this error
Warning: require_once(/home3/cartonic/public_html/test/administrator/modules/mod_k2_statsDShelper.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/cartonic/public_html/test/administrator/modules/mod_k2_stats/mod_k2_stats.php on line 29

my admin panel looks bad, with no styling at all.

L.E The errors occur only when Isis theme is activated. With Hathor there's apparently no problem but I don't quite like the ancient design.

And when I try to open any K2 section( categories, tags ...etc) I get this error:
Fatal error: Class 'K2HelperPermissions' not found in /home3/cartonic/public_html/test/administrator/components/com_k2/k2.php on line 39
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by George Nicolae. Reason: provided more details about my problem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 9 months ago #135459 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 2.6.9 not working at all with Joomla 3.3.6
Hello George,

Please try reinstalling K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• George Nicolae
  • George Nicolae's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #135481 by George Nicolae
Replied by George Nicolae on topic K2 2.6.9 not working at all with Joomla 3.3.6
As I said on the other topic that wasn't mine, I solved the problem.

I installed Joomla using Hostgator instalator( wich is the only one left over there, they stopped using softaculous) wich is a junk, and that install had a lot of bugs. Don't know why. The template I wanted to use had a quickstart package, installed Joomla again, this way and everything works as it should.

Since I'm now on the testing phase, I hope won't take long for the latest V3 of K2 beta to see the day light. When I saw It I realised there's no turning back.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by George Nicolae.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 9 months ago #135497 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 2.6.9 not working at all with Joomla 3.3.6
George,

Thanks for sharing the issue and solution. Generally speaking (not knowing how Hostgator installs CMS's) these scripts should be avoided. You did the right thing by using the quickstart package.

As for the V3. I suggest the following. Reinstall the quickstart package on another folder and install the beta version. This will give you a great starting point in terms of your other extensions compatibility with K2 V3.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)