Keyword

Frontend Editing Itemform Override Problem

• Deutzmann
  • Deutzmann's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #135862 by Deutzmann
You describe in the thread from you www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/38532-how-to-set-k2-custom-template-for-frontend-editing-button#134998 that i can map editing forms to menu entrys (shadow menu) to have different editing forms. But that does not really work. I added an entry " gallery create " to the menu and when I click on it , k2 shows me my template. All right. But now if I click in the Item itself on the "edit item" button, it shows me the default itemform template. Have you any idea why?

Will there be any changes in this context in K2 v3?

Concerning Simple Image Gallery Pro:
Furthermore is it possible that "create a gallery" will be in k2 v3 more user-friendly? That for example the simple image gallery window for gallery adding is integrated directly into k2 and not in a popup. Also save two times is very complicated (once for the gallery and once for the item). My users have real problems with it.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Deutzmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #135886 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Frontend Editing Itemform Override Problem
Hello,

The only way to have a different form it the way you did it. A different template can only be set to forms that are mapped to menu items. In all other cases the default form (you can override this as well) will be shown.

For the latter request I do think this is possible at this time since K2 V3 will be released really soon.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.