Keyword

Show item on different menu item to category

• Rupert Griffiths
  • Rupert Griffiths's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #136207 by Rupert Griffiths
Show item on different menu item to category was created by Rupert Griffiths
I am quite an advanced user of K2, but this simple thing seems to have confounded me today. I've searched but no luck so far.

What I want is to show a K2 category as usual from a menu item. However, I want the items to open in a different menu item (as I wish to display different modules).

I do not want to make item specific menu items, as this is a blog. So I need an alternative category page, that the user is directed to after clicking "read more" from the original category page.

Cheers for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #136220 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Show item on different menu item to category
I do not think this can be done. The items will always be rendered from that category.

Alternatively you can display items from other categories using a K2 Content module.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Rupert Griffiths
  • Rupert Griffiths's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #136300 by Rupert Griffiths
Replied by Rupert Griffiths on topic Show item on different menu item to category
Thanks for this.

Yes I think a content module might be the best idea for the 'category view' and then the item opens on the real category page which is a different menu item.

Another idea I had was to build a template overide with module positions included in it, but it was quite complicated to get all the module to show properly.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #136316 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Show item on different menu item to category
I am afraid this is the only solution. You need a template that has template positions above the component area.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)