Keyword

K2 categories show in database but not in k2 view (backend)

• Dominicus Björkstam
  • Dominicus Björkstam's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #140332 by Dominicus Björkstam
Hi,

I have a problem that was detected when installing Falang (multi language extension)
I had many categories in K2 and removed/deleted most of them - recreated some and everything seemed fine in the backend of Joomla
BUT
When using the extension Falang I noticed that all categories that were deleted didn't infact delete at all. All old categories where visible thru Falang (old and new)
I then looked at my MySQL tables and the K2 categories and in fact all where there - just not visible in the joomla backend

What is wrong and can it be some bug in the K2 ?

The categories are imported from Joomla categories originally and then deleted from the Joomla categories page AND later also from the K2 categories page.

Please inform what to do AND can I just delete everything from the database (all old categories) ?

Sincerely,

Dominicus
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Dominicus Björkstam. Reason: added info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #140364 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 categories show in database but not in k2 view (backend)
Hello,

By default K2 does remove the categories from the database once the have been deleted. This is either an issue of Falang or you did you select the trashed categories and permanently deleted them.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.