Keyword

Need some assistance

• Michael Green
  • Michael Green's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #140446 by Michael Green
Need some assistance was created by Michael Green
Hello, i really would like to buy some of your software tomorrow but ive been trouble shooting for some time and and im hoping you guys can help me get past my minor issues so that i can get started and your software is nice by the way. If i can specify my issues for your guidance and any help would be appreciated.

1. I cannot locate any css to edit the [edit item] link box at the top of the k2 articles and i have a dark website with white text and the [edit item] option shows up as a white box with white text...I could not locate any option to edit the appearance..is there any css that i can add to my template.css to change the bg color.

2. I read in a forum that searching for the constant...K2_ITEMS would allow me to change the k2 search labels text...but it would not show up and i could not locate the correct constant term....is there a term available to change the k2 items label in the search results page? or another way to do so?

3. logged in users show as not logged in inside of k2 administration panel, any ideas why that may be?

4. is there an override css code available to add more margin between the columns on the category items listing page?

5..any way to center category item image in list layout?

Thank you for any help, so far i really want to choose your software for my blogging needs if i can get around these minor issues.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Michael Green. Reason: left out a question..sorry and thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #140464 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Need some assistance
Hello,

First of all K2 is free to download and use. Always have been. These issues can be fixed with overriding K2's stylesheet - k2.css. If your site is not loading this stylesheet, enable the stylesheet from K2's settings.

PS. Make sure that you override the stylesheet instead of just editing it getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Michael Green
More
9 years 7 months ago #140502 by Michael Green
Replied by Michael Green on topic Need some assistance
Thanks ill look into it..didnt know that..also...but how about the k2 search label (k2 items)... could you please tell me the correct constant term.

• Michael Green
More
9 years 7 months ago #140520 by Michael Green
Im getting frustrated and really would like to become a paying customer with you guys..please help me..im spending a lot of time trying to figure out your software when maybe you guys can specifically tell me what im looking for please..

Ive followed your article link to override the k2 template and it will not display as a selectable option in category template choices...

on your article it says template copy default folder and additional files in the components/com_k2/templates/
which i did...and placed all of them into
/templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/
which i did...
changed the default templates name to see if it would change in admin site category template options...
did not respond if i turned default css off or on in the settins layout option...

Now on the video you guys have available for instructions...it changes the override path from
/templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/
to
/templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/templates/
...but i followed the entire process again with this override path...
and created an additional (renamed) default folder with all its contents inclucing the folders css sheet inside of the (renamed) default folder..
no additional selectable templates in the sites admin category template selection options...
with k2 css enabled and disabled in the layout settings area..

My question is
1...am i missing something in my steps listed above?
2. if i did get my override working..could i then copy the k2.css file to my overrides default folder and make changes to that sheet or could i just edit the k2_css in the k2 components root folder?
3. could you please tell me the correct constant term so that i can override the search results check box for k2 from k2 items to another label? or is there another method in place to best achieve that task?

.i wish i could have had this working by this weekend..im sorry im on a deadline..
seriously id like to purchase several of your paid extensions tomorrow if you guys can help me move on beyond a simple color matching issue and a search term..
thanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #140554 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello Michael,

the /templates/ part is not needed. The correct path is /templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/default

If you rename the folder you need to assign that new template to a category. This post will help you understand K2 templates and sub-template in depth www.joomlaworks.net/blog/item/194-k2-inheritance-sub-templating

The k2.css folder needs to be placed inside your template's css file.
The K2 items language string (it is not a constant) can be overriden using Joomla!'s language overrides docs.joomla.org/Help33:Extensions_Language_Manager_Overrides

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Michael Green
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #140584 by Michael Green
hey thanks again for responding...
so far i have my file set up exactly as mentioned.....as i did yesterday and k2 will not list my new blog template as an option...
heres my override path..
templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/blog...with all of the generic files in the same directory and the k2 default items inside of my blog folder..
heres an ex..
imgur.com/KDwMFQL,9Mx0hFn,1uVkz9g#0
is there any way possible for you to check out my setup..ive sent you all my credentials yesterday via email.

also...i understand how to do the overrides...i just cannot find the correct string to replace for the k2 search label..I had read in a forum that it was K2_ITEMS
which is not showing up when i run the search...is that the correct term?
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Michael Green. Reason: additional

• Michael Green
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #140589 by Michael Green
So sorry, i was editing the wrong template..
my blog category is now showing..
thanks for your help so far..
Now if you can make me understand some basic steps i can move on..thanks so much..

1. So if im adding K2.css to my templates/mytemplate/css/ folder to modify my override folder........how can i have multiple templates in my overrides if they are all calling from the same css file? or can we basically only have 1 on an active site template?

I need to change the label [K2 Items] in the search results as shown in the image below
imgur.com/2AzEW2v,r67aeBX#0

The only results that show up in the search results in overrides when im searching for (K2 Items or K2_ITEMS) are (K2_MOD_K2_USER_DESCRIPTION)
imgur.com/2AzEW2v,r67aeBX#1

So Specifically...What term can i enter here to retrieve your K2 Items search String?

so sorry and thanks again
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Michael Green. Reason: trying to be specific to better help you help me

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #140646 by Krikor Boghossian
Did you try the language override method as described in the post?
You need to add a new override.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Michael Green
More
9 years 7 months ago #140676 by Michael Green
Yep i did that..that is what the images and the entire last post i submitted was about images and all..no problem i figured it out but not via override..thanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #140698 by Krikor Boghossian
You 're welcome Michael

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---