V3 release date

• Soveratiamo Redazione
  • Soveratiamo Redazione's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #140690 by Soveratiamo Redazione
V3 release date was created by Soveratiamo Redazione
Hi,
I'm waiting k2 v3 for migrate my website on joomla 3.x
The release date was announced on december 2015 but today there is only beta version. Have you any news?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #140776 by Media
Replied by Media on topic V3 release date
:D :D :D

So why did you delete my comment?
Which part of it was offensive or wasn't true?

Or you just cannot accept the truth :)

Anyway, as I wrote in my previous post:

1. You announced the development of K2 v3 in July 2014. Back then you said:

But a stable (stable as in "ready to migrate your old K2 v2 to v3 release on your production website") will be out late September, early October 2014.

2. In October 2014 you said that K2 v3 will be released in December

3. On 29th of December you said:

Hey folks, unfortunately we're gonna have to postpone for at least 3 weeks the launch of K2 version 3. We need additional time to perfect...

More than 6 weeks have past since 29th of December.

Would you please update the community what's going on with K2 v3?
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Media.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #140794 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic V3 release date

Well, you are a joke guys, you are actually a complete joke.

Guys, you are ridiculous.

These seem pretty much offensive to me.

I personally removed your comment. Criticism is always welcome even if it is not positive. But when you become offensive you will get banned.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 7 months ago #140816 by Media
Hi Krikor,

Well, you have taken these words out of the context, haven't you?
You actually missed the other part where I said that JoomlaWorks Products are definitely NOT a joke and they are perfectly coded. Remember that sentence?

And the word that starts with "r" actually perfectly describes the communication between Joomlawork and the Community.

Anyway, let's stay on topic and sorry if I have been offensive.

Now, would you please update us on the release date of K2 v3. Come on guys, I'm not asking for an exact date, but please give us something, say something about it. Just a quick update - what's going on right now, what are the problems that still need to be fixed and are blocking the release. Just give us something, please!

More
9 years 7 months ago #141024 by Media
Hi Krikor, Lefteris, Fortis and the rest!

Guys, I will try to be as polite as possible and I do expect a reply on this please.

Please have a look at the time of my previous post. It says "5 days 18 hours ago". I do understand that there were 2 days in the Weekend so there are almost 4 working days in which you simple didn't bother to post an update. I do not want to be offensive, believe me, so I'm asking you to describe with your own words, how would you call such response time (or lack of response)?

No, no, no... I do NOT want to put pressure on you or to be one of these moaning users, but why you cannot post a simple, one-sentense update in the end of February 2015 on a product that was almost ready in the beginning of October 2014 is just beyond me and beyond any understanding a human being could possibly have!

Yeah, sorry for the BOLD text, I'm just trying to get your attention (I know it is frustrating).

Guys, please... just post a quick update on the release date of K2 v3. Once again, I do appreciate the fact that you are really busy, I'm aware of your side projects (Templates, SocialConnect, the json2jsonp.com project, etc.). But just let us know what's going on with the K2 v3 release:

1. Are you waiting for Joomla 3.4 to be released and then you will release it (eventhough you can make your testings with the Beta or the RC)?

2. Are there any major issues that still need to be fixed and are blocking the release?

3. Are you just a week away from the release but you currently do not have any time to work on it so you are posponding it for another month?

Just update the community where K2 v3 is and what our expectations should be.
Thank you very much and have a nice day!

More
9 years 7 months ago #141154 by Media
any update?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #141170 by Krikor Boghossian
I am afraid I cannot tell you definite date at this moment.

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 7 months ago #141220 by OptionAxiom
Replied by OptionAxiom on topic V3 release date
As much as I would like to see you succeed I have never seen an extension company that communicates with its customers worse than you. I am not trying to be nasty, this is just an honest assesment.

Your customers deserve an update on the status of K2. If it isn't coming anytime soon just be honest an say so. At this point I haven't seen any commits to the github repository since 2014. Your new projected date was over 6 weeks ago and you shut down the forums on the Getk2.org blog. I can only assume because you wanted to avoid the criticism you were getting there.

I would love to hear that K2 v3 is coming out next week, but my goal isn't to push you to get it done faster than is prudent. My goal is to get reasonable communications and updates about a product that significantly affects my site.

Yes, I realize I can use your old v2 for my site, and in cases I am, but there is a reason that you are upgrading it. V2 is old and clunky and we are all looking forward to the new version. Your customers are excited about the possibilities. Regrettably your continued misinformation and lack of any clear communication is making it hard for any of us to trust you.

We are a forgiving bunch if you will just be straight with us. Please give us fairly regular updates on the status of K2v3. 4-5 lines of info every two weeks would be fine. Just don't give us a date then never say anything when you significantly miss it.

I would like to believe you have the character to give us a response to this request instead of just deleting it from the forum.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #141253 by Krikor Boghossian
A statement on the status will be released. At this point I cannot tell you the exact time.

As for the getk2.org forums, they were not shut down. They where transfered here in (you are posting in them) so support can run smoothly. Maintaining all these forums was counterproductive.

I will (personally) never delete a message unless it is insulting. Depending on the context of the message I might also ban the user. A message that contains valid criticism will not be deleted.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---