Keyword

Modules in K2 items not showing in Search Results

More
9 years 7 months ago #140893 by Randy
I am using Filter and Search for K2 (by Andrey) and have been able to display my search results as a list of complete K2 items just as they would appear in Item View or as they would appear on the item's page. EXCEPT for any module that has been inserted into the item using Modules Anywhere. Instead of the module appearing in the search result K2 item, only the syntax {module My Module} is displayed in text form. I am using joomla!3.2 on local host. I am having same issue with K2 Tools (search). I am not very experienced but would like to know if there is a way to show a search result K2 item that would retain the module inserted in it with all its functionality. Specifically, each of my K2 items has an "Add to Favorites" button in it that does not show when the K2 item is displayed as a search result. I think I need to add to something to template\ filter.php, but as a newbie I am not sure. Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #140907 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Modules in K2 items not showing in Search Results
I do not know about Filter and Search for K2 but I assume it uses the same template that K2 uses for displaying search results. The generic.php file (more about overrides can be found here - getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174 ).

Now you can trigger modules in the intotext ($item->introtext) like this -> docs.joomla.org/Triggering_content_plugins_in_your_extension

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 7 months ago #140945 by Randy
Thanks Krikor for your quick response. I am sorry to say that I am not knowledgeable enough to fully understand your answer concerning triggering modules. I will try to learn more and then better understand your response. From other posts I think K2 is lacking in ability to easily set search results params and outputs. I was hoping that some simple changes/additions to generic.php would do it, but evidently that is not easily possible. I would think that a K2 item returned as search result could be returned to look and behave as it does when the item is returned as a menu item link but apparently that is not the case.