Keyword

cant turn off user profile

• Michael Green
  • Michael Green's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #141214 by Michael Green
cant turn off user profile was created by Michael Green
Im am trying to disable userpages or aka...k2 profiles...or preferably remove the commenters username (not remove the display of their name but the link to their userpage) link from the comments posting.. I would like my commenters to be able to post comments but not have viewers be redirected to a user page since the will have no articles.
I see no option in the parameters to disable link from commenters username in comments..
(to be clear i do not want to remove commenters username entirely but just the link to their profile.)
I have turned off k2 profile in the Parameters/Advanced/Enable K2 User Profile....still does not stop the ability to click on the commenters username and be directed to a empty userpage.

Example ---->
my comment author link imgur.com/u8xfN0P,BTCOa9G#0
K2 Demo comment author link imgur.com/u8xfN0P,BTCOa9G#1

Any idea what may be wrong? I had emailed a link to the website along with credentials in case you guys can help out. thanks again for any help.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Michael Green. Reason: Sorry again..images for clarity ..please help me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael Green
More
9 years 7 months ago #141221 by Michael Green
Replied by Michael Green on topic cant turn off user profile
Not sure if im asking the correct questions because im learning your software but im hoping you guys get the general idea of my dilemma as you guys have been doing this for quite some time.....
So after much research...turning off the k2 profile will not stop linking to an empty members page....
Also...as per many postings on joomla forums...k2 saves its own account details and personal details well, but does not save user profile data unless the k2 user plugin is disabled...
However i cannot turn off joomla profiles becuase i use it for registrations.....can k2 profile and joomla work together?

..I understand k2 is supported via free forum but ive just purchased most of your commercial extensions (all associated with k2 ) and hoping that counts for something with you guys
so if you can
!. Links to comment author disabled like your demo?
2. default joomla profile save data issue?
3. remove joomla profile from k2 without turning off joomla profile? dosent work
thanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #141277 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic cant turn off user profile
Actually you are not asking the correct question. This link is towards the site the user has specified in the comment's form (hence the link to an external site).
This has nothing to do with the K2 user's profile.

The link to the profile can be found in the item or in the listings (category listing etc).

K2 profile and Joomla! can work side by side. The comment link has nothing to do with K2's nor with Joomla!s profile. It is simply a link towards the commenter which he provides. Even a guest can post a link towards his site.

Revert your changes, override the comments/ commenters modules (I am sure you know how to from our previous conversations) and remove the link to the commenter's site.

This means, changing this:
<?php if($params->get('commenterName')): ?>
			<span class="lcUsername"><?php echo JText::_('K2_WRITTEN_BY'); ?>
				<?php if(isset($comment->userLink)): ?>
				<a rel="author" href="<?php echo $comment->userLink; ?>"><?php echo $comment->userName; ?></a>
				<?php elseif($comment->commentURL): ?>
				<a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="<?php echo $comment->commentURL; ?>"><?php echo $comment->userName; ?></a>
				<?php else: ?>
				<?php echo $comment->userName; ?>
				<?php endif; ?>
			</span>
			<?php endif; ?>

to this
<?php if($params->get('commenterName')): ?>
			<span class="lcUsername"><?php echo JText::_('K2_WRITTEN_BY'); ?>
				<?php echo $comment->userName; ?>
			</span>
			<?php endif; ?>

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Michael Green
More
9 years 7 months ago #141339 by Michael Green
Replied by Michael Green on topic cant turn off user profile
Thanks i will try this method...
but also any idea why the k2 accounts page will not record any joomla profile data? it displays the form but will not save any input.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #141360 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic cant turn off user profile
The only data that Joomla! 's user object has is the email name and password. All the other data (avatar, gender etc) are a part of K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)