Keyword

Simple RSS Feed Reader Functionality Update

• Jade Aurora
  • Jade Aurora's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #141890 by Jade Aurora
Simple RSS Feed Reader Functionality Update was created by Jade Aurora
Hi All,

I'm trying to use the Simple RSS Feed Reader to integrate Tumblr with my website. I need to do some formatting on the output though.

I can do the RegEx no issue. I basically need to capture everything after the last colon in the header and delete it, and then replace any newline or carriage return character in the body of the text with a space rather than a simple deletion.

I just don't know anything about Joomla, or the module. Can someone help me out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #141895 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Simple RSS Feed Reader Functionality Update
Hi,

I don't get exactly which part you want to modify, but in PHP you can use the explode function to split a string into an array based on a separator. Then you can remove the last entry of the array and then use implode to join again the rest array parts into a string.

Regarding the replace , in PHP you can use the str_replace function.

In order to have your changes untouched after future updates of the module it is recommended that you create a template override for the module and apply your changes there.

Details regarding the overrides functionality can be found at www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/free/simple-rss-feed-reader .

Here are the links to the PHP manual for the functions i wrote:

php.net/manual/en/function.explode.php
php.net/manual/en/function.implode.php
php.net/manual/en/function.str-replace.php

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.