Keyword

K2 2.6.9 not working with Joomla 3.4

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #142058 by polo
I have joomla 3.4 and latest K2 - when creating a new k2 item in the front end editor it will save the photo - but I can not delete and change the photo. Support on Siteground.com hosting has narrowed this down to the K2 cache that does not clean (work correct) and suggested that I set all related modules to no caching. Where do I disable K2 global cache? I need to turn the site over to the owner - but this is not working correct!

I have now tried a clean Joomla 3.4 install with latest K2 and it also does not read correct. So it is not a template issue or my mistakes - but K2 2.6.9 not working with the latest Joomla 3.4. You can create a new item, upload a photo - but after upgrading to Joomla 3.4 you can not edit/change your item. The old photo in cache still shows and not the new one!

Is anybody looking at this?
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by polo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #142070 by polo
Replied by polo on topic K2 2.6.9 not working with Joomla 3.4
I was hoping someone could explain this! I did a clean Joomla 3.4 installation, installed latest, K2, set permission to superadministrator, create new item from the front - upload picture, but nothing changes when you want to replace the picture! Is this normal for K2, this is the way K2 works? or is something missing. Do you have to clean the K2 cache manually?

This is feed back from the Hosting support: "I have sought after further information online, and it seems that a possible reason for this error is the way that an image is being prepared by K2 for the website.

Essentially, when you upload an image on the website, K2 makes 6 different copies of the image in different dimensions for different uses throughout the project (e.g. thumbnails, etc). Thus if you simply upload the image and replace the main image - this might not mean that K2 will replace every single image in the cache. Regrettably, until someone from the K2 projects turns up with a solution for clearing this cache, the only manual workaround that I can recommend is to clear your K2 media cache folder manually."
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by polo. Reason: New info

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #142082 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 2.6.9 not working with Joomla 3.4
If the image is not replaced in the administrator area, then another extension is causing this issue. K2 images are working fine on 3.4.0

Furthermore K2 replaces each one of the images.
Even if the cache is cleared, your browser's cache is not cleared.
If you want to ensure that the users see your latest image enable the "Force 'item modified date' as URL timestamp on image path" setting in K2's parameters.

Furthermore if you manually delete your image cache you will lose your thumbnails (and have multiple errors in the frontend). This is a really bad workflow.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Krikor Boghossian.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #143088 by Sanjiv Khullar
Replied by Sanjiv Khullar on topic K2 2.6.9 not working with Joomla 3.4
hello i just upgraded k2 - from 2.68 to 2.69 and now the k2 images on home page are no longer showing up for the bottom half of the page - i am using joomla 3.4.1

bit.ly/1tqYfXW
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Sanjiv Khullar.

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 5 months ago #143089 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic K2 2.6.9 not working with Joomla 3.4
Hi,

looks like you have solved your Problem, see many Pictures;-)

Regards

More
9 years 5 months ago #143090 by Sanjiv Khullar
Replied by Sanjiv Khullar on topic K2 2.6.9 not working with Joomla 3.4
No - I had to restore back to 2.6.8

2.6.9 was not working

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 5 months ago #143131 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 2.6.9 not working with Joomla 3.4
Are you sure this wasn't a template issue?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)