Keyword

[SOLVED] SSL breaking K2 content modules on home page

• Rick Allen
  • Rick Allen's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #142321 by Rick Allen
When I force SSL on my site (which I need to do because we're processing donations), the K2 content module running jcarousel no longer functions. Each item is stacked rather than aligning horizontally. I'm getting this error: Blocked loading mixed active content "ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js"

What do I need to do to get the jquery library to load?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #142322 by Joe Campbell
Replied by Joe Campbell on topic SSL breaking K2 content modules on home page
Hello Rick,

It sounds like your error has nothing to do with K2, instead it is caused by the way your template is requesting the jQuery.

In short, your site is secure, but the template is calling jQuery and possibly other scripts from a non-secure source.

The solution is to remove the "http" from the any file request (href="//code.jquery.com...)

If your not advanced enough to modify your template files, you can simple use the NoNumber ReReplacer extension to perform a find & replace for each non-secure script. extensions.joomla.org/extension/rereplacer

I hope this helps,

Joe Campbell

• Rick Allen
More
9 years 6 months ago #142333 by Rick Allen
Replied by Rick Allen on topic SSL breaking K2 content modules on home page
Thanks for the helpful suggestions, Joe. I'll take a shot at modifying the template files. If I'm not able to figure it out, I'll go with the NoNumber extension.

Thanks!

• Rick Allen
More
9 years 6 months ago #142339 by Rick Allen
Replied by Rick Allen on topic SSL breaking K2 content modules on home page
Thanks again for your help, Joe. I was able to quickly locate two jQuery file requests in my template index.php file and remove the "http" as you suggested. That did the trick!

More
9 years 6 months ago #142341 by Joe Campbell
Replied by Joe Campbell on topic SSL breaking K2 content modules on home page
That's AWESOME - knowing that I was able to help a fellow Joomler out made my day - let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist you. Take Care