Keyword

Joomla 3.4.1 and K2 frontend edit form problem

• Nikola
  • Nikola's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #142447 by Nikola
* EDIT*

I Eventually found a workaround! Installed jQuery Easy plugin, modified only these options:
Replace When Unique: NO
Add When Missing: NO
Strip No Conflict Code: YES
Add No Conflict Code: Thru script declaration

This works for me, of course there are no guarantees it will work for other people experiencing the same problem.
Also, I would still love to know what the hell J3.4.1 does that actually screws it all up...

* END EDIT *

Hi people,

I have this weird problem on a couple of websites. It's a bit of a mystery, because I can't definitely determine what's causing it.

I had K2 2.6.9 and Joomla 3.3.6 on a website, made tons of overrides, including the frontend edit form, and everything was working perfectly. But since the 3.4.0 update, everything went to hell.

The tabs in the frontend form stopped working properly and are instead displayed one below the other. OK, I thought, must be something with my override, so tried temporarily reverting to default, but without success. The only combination that seems to work is a clean J3.4.1 website and a clean 2.6.9 install. As soon as I, say, upload to the latest K2 developer edition 2.7.0, everything breaks the same way. But the thing is, I still have 2.6.9 on my website.

To cut the story short, my website is already huge, so I'm forced to try all sorts of things to make the frontend form work again. Here's what I've tried so far:
- K2 backend configuration - 1.000.000s of combinations
- reordering jQuery using jQuery Easy plugin
- removing various scripts when frontend form is displayed
- reverting to default form
- uninstalling, one by one, all the non-K2-related plugins and/or components (eventually only Joomla and K2 remained, and still nothing)

I would appreciate any feedback if possible, because this has been a major pain in the ass for the past 48 hours :( thanks!
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Nikola. Reason: Found a workaround!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #142452 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Joomla 3.4.1 and K2 frontend edit form problem
Hello Nikola,

Thank you for sharing your solution, is it possible to have a link to your site?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Nikola
  • Nikola's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #142474 by Nikola
Hey Krikor,

not a problem :)
The website iscurrently being developed on a local machine, but should be live soon enough. The address will be www.filfak.ni.ac.rs (website of the Faculty of Philosophy in Nis, Serbia, currently still the old J2.5 one).

Thanks once again for your wondrous component. It's a cyrilic website and most people won't be able to understand what is going on, but we've built an entire information system, linking several different offices, around K2. The same goes for the University of Nis, which will also host a similar website.

Cheers!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #142520 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Joomla 3.4.1 and K2 frontend edit form problem
You 're welcome Nikola :)
Once you are done you can also submit it at K2's showcase

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)