Keyword

Unwanted Second Itemid in URL

• scene66
  • scene66's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #142486 by scene66
Unwanted Second Itemid in URL was created by scene66
Out of apparently nowhere (there will be a reason), newly-created K2 Items are being created with an unwanted Itemid inserted into the Non-SEF url.

For example, this sh404SEF url:
scenestr.com.au/music/apras-sheppard-most-played-australian-song
is created with this Non-SEF url:
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=36&id=4554&lang=en&view=item

The unwanted part of the above URL is Itemid=36&. It inserts content which had nothing to do with the article on top of it and pushes the main content 'below the fold'.

sh404SEF has advised that they "just convert the URLs — they don't make 'em" (the non-SEF ones), so I have to track down what's creating the bad URLs with the extra K2 Itemid.

I'd be grateful for advice as to what is inserting the unwanted Itemid=36& string into the url of all new K2 items — and especially how to make it stop! Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #142514 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Unwanted Second Itemid in URL
This is not an unwanted ID, this is Joomla!'s menu item id.
Without that, your modules will not work properly.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• scene66
  • scene66's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #142522 by scene66
Replied by scene66 on topic Unwanted Second Itemid in URL
Hi Krikor, Thanks for your reply.

Yes it *was* an unwanted id. The itemid=36 was entirely unwanted and threw an unwanted and unexpected module on top of the article and thereby wrecking its appearance.

But you didn't see it. After posting my question, but 12 hours before you responded, I fixed the issue with a workaround by removing the existence of the menu item itemid=36 from Joomla entirely. I deleted all the 10 affected the URLs and re-created them and now they look and work correctly. Here's the fixed example of the example cited yesterday:
index.php?option=com_k2&id=4554&lang=en&view=item
As you can see, no Itemid=36 which was originally placed by the system in all our new URLs created yesterday.

I understand that sometimes a second ID is placed, but that might be for a category or similar. We have many URLs with 2 item IDs. But this ticket is about unwanted second itemIDs.

If you happen to see this post in time (before I implement the workaround of deleting the offending menu item again), the problem is occurring again with this URL:
scenestr.com.au/competitions/win-rabbits-eat-lettuce-tickets
It's nonsefurl is:
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=292&id=4575&lang=en&view=item
and the 'itemid=292&' is unwanted
is a grid menu item module that is not wanted on top of the article.

After clicking on the link, the display of the grid section module (Itemid=292) which looks like 'Music This Month' is unwanted and yet it is inserted into the URL and we don't know why.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #142529 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Unwanted Second Itemid in URL
As I have already told you this is a Joomla! issue (not an issue it is how ti works). This is actually unrelated to K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)