Keyword

Articles aren't posting to front end or are posting twice!

• Kristina Konen
  • Kristina Konen's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #143082 by Kristina Konen
Hello all! I'm new here! I inherited a sick website and am trying to fix it with basically next to no information. So here goes...

When I post an article in K2, it won't show up on the front end of my site. OR today, I posted and article and it showed up twice and I can't get the second one to go away.

I'm running on Joomla 3.4 (have not done the update to 3.4.1 yet), and I believe the most recent version of K2. I have cache turned off. I'm able to make updates to other pages within Joomla but anything regarding K2 is a mess. My hosting folks said they aren't caching anything and believe I have a database issue. That is beyond my abilities, so am really at a loss as to how to fix it.

My site is www.gpe1.com and the offending area is the "media center"; basically nothing in that area is behaving as it should. The latest article to give me issues is: "GPE is Pleased to Welcome Beth Mickley". I posted it once, but its showing up twice now. Also the article, "Tomorrow’s Leaders: Southwest" wasn't showing up in the back end at all and mysteriously reappeared a couple of days ago. I have no idea what's going on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 5 months ago #143127 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Articles aren't posting to front end or are posting twice!
Is K2 update to it's latest version?
Also I only see one instance of the item -> www.gpe1.com/index.php/media-center

Finally make sure the template's framework you are using does not have a caching mechanism of its own.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Kristina Konen
More
9 years 5 months ago #143174 by Kristina Konen
Thanks for the reply! I did figure out the "posts not showing up at all" part of my question. We had a Dev site still active and didn't realize it, so that has been removed and fixed.

Now on to the duplicate entries. I just posted a new article and it posted twice... The article in question is found here: gpe1.com/index.php/media-center/property-perspectives and is about mosquitos; lol. As soon as I posted it, it showed up twice. I deleted the second one, but it still shows up on the front end. The article I posted last week that was duplicated has since vanished (after I deleted it but many hours later). It does seem to be some sort of caching issue.

I do believe I have the most recent version of K2 (K2 v2.6.8) installed even though I am on the last version of Joomla (running 3.3.6), I haven't done the most recent update yet.

The template framework is Gantry v4.1.26 (there is an update to this which I may try next). I found the clear cached button in here, clicked it, it didn't fix anything.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 5 months ago #143185 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Articles aren't posting to front end or are posting twice!
K2's latest version is 2.6.9
Actually I only see one mosquito related item :) -> gpe1.com/index.php/media-center/property-perspectives/item/76-ron-s-ramblings-there-aren-t-any-mosquitos-in-arizona

Update the framework and Joomla! to their latest version.
I think this is indeed a caching issue.

Let me know if the update solves the issues. You can also try contacting the template's developer about this issue (duplicate posts).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Kristina Konen
More
9 years 5 months ago #143202 by Kristina Konen
Thank you! I did the Joomla update and things seem to have smoothed out. Framework next after our next backup just to be safe. Thanks again for your input!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 5 months ago #143209 by Krikor Boghossian
You 're welcome Kristina :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---