Keyword

How to control image size upload from the fron end

• Daniel
  • Daniel's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #143927 by Daniel
Hi there,

I am having trouble understanding how to limit the max size for image files uploaded by users from the front end. In particular from the itemform.php view via the Image tab.

When you go to the image tab, there is a note next to the “browse” button that says “(Max Upload Size: XM)”. And X seems to be the max size my server support for file uploads.

However I would like to control the max size for images that users upload from the fron end independently from the max upload size setting in my server.

I thought I could do it via the global K2 settings since in the “Image tab”, at the “Advanced Image Settings” there is an option that says “Enforce memory limit (in MBs) for image processing”. I am not quite sure what this option means since I put 1 here and still I was able to upload images bigger than 1 MB from the front end. So what is the meaning of this option?

Is there a way to achieve what I am looking for? (limit the max image size that users can upload via the front end to their K2 items independently of my server's max upload setting). I am aiming at a maximum of 500KB.

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #143940 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic How to control image size upload from the fron end
Hello,

“Enforce memory limit (in MBs) for image processing”. This procedure is intensive for web servers and a higher memory limit is needed. It does not affect the upload limit.

If you want to enforce another limit, distinct from the max_upload_size then you need a 3rd party K2 plugin. You can look for one at the JED.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.