Keyword

Problem with ordering by create date - time 00:00

• hristo
  • hristo's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #144566 by hristo
Hi and sorry if my english is bad!
I use K2 2.6.2 from 6 months. Yesterday I noticed that my article order isn't right. Then in backend I sow that create date has always time 00:00 and becouse of this articles order is wrong. I did the search and now I know I have to update, but I have already 200+ articles with wrong dates. Will update fix them or only the new articles will have correct time, and I realy prefer NOT TO UPDATE because I have made lots of changes in the code and dont want to start over.
What I want is to set my order wright. Now it is almost wright, but when there is for example 3 article in one day they order by ID but Asc... which is wrong.. it should be Desc.. the bigest number ID is obviously the newest atrticle..

SO.. is there any way to change this when using Datecreate order.. the second ordering by ID to be Desc not Asc!!!

Tx in advance! :)
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by hristo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #144585 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Problem with ordering by create date - time 00:00
Hello K2 2.6.2 is outdated, please update to K2 2.6.9

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• hristo
More
9 years 3 months ago #144600 by hristo
Yes I know.. i did the search.. but dont wan't to update because have a lot of changes in the code of K2 - in templates and many other.. at least can i see somewhere which files are changed in the update and upload only them... not to change all of them...

WILL UPDATE FIX all old articles time 00:00 ?!?

TX.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #144603 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Problem with ordering by create date - time 00:00
The version you are using is seven releases behind so a lot of things have changed. If you move your template changes into overrides you won't lose these changes - getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates .

Finally you will need to manually change the date for already published items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• hristo
More
9 years 3 months ago #144632 by hristo
I've updated and restored my folder template in K2 Component and I think all is OK. But its very hard to change all old articles time.. I still think it will be easier to change second order(if date/time is same) by ID Desc - not Asc as it is now!!! It's more logical to be ID Desc anyway!!!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #144640 by Krikor Boghossian
Thank you for your feedback hristo.
We will look into it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---