Keyword

IS this a templating bug ?

• enzo24
  • enzo24's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #145028 by enzo24
IS this a templating bug ? was created by enzo24
Hi all,

I kinda feel noob about this question, but I'm getting plenty frustrated trying to template K2 on a new site. I've already done K2 templating on other sites without any problems, but for some unknown reason, I'm stuck at step one !

I've put renamed copies of default in /templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/templates/

In Joomla backend, I CAN AFFECT the "game" template to the K2 category. This tells me that the folder is in the right place...

However, the item.php page keeps on using the default template I had copied to /templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/templates/ along with the other templates I want to use.

So, I renamed templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/templates/default folder to "old-default" to try & force K2 into using the wanted template, but no, It reverted directly back to the component's default template (the one in /components/com-K2/...) ignoring altogether the html overrides in my template....

So I renamed the components default template : but then got no contents on my page at all....

This is a first time for me, I've always used overides to do K2 templating per category and have never been faced with this behaviour. Globally, if K2 doesn't find default, either in html override or in component's folder, then it just won't display (logical, it can't find item.php !)

I haven't tried modifing any other files ( category or category_item) but I don't think that it will change anything at all.

Where have I gone wrong ? I'm using latest - up to date joomla 3.4x, K2 and components. I've tried switching joomla templates ( reverting to beez ) but without success..

Has something changed with the latest K2 ? This is drving me nuts !

Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• enzo24
  • enzo24's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #145029 by enzo24
Replied by enzo24 on topic IS this a templating bug ?
Ok, I found the solution

The fact is that myè categories were subcategories and inherited the upper categorie's parameteters. THIS INCLUDES TEMPLATE. I find this a little bit annoying, but ok,j I'll just have to make templates for subcategories & not inherit parameters from upper category.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #145033 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic IS this a templating bug ?
When you select the inherit parameters from setting, then that category will inherit ALL of its settings, including the template.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)