Keyword

red exclamation mark in blog article, joomla 2.5, civi crm m

• Gallery Art Claims Impulse
  • Gallery Art Claims Impulse's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #145524 by Gallery Art Claims Impulse
red exclamation mark in blog article, joomla 2.5, civi crm m was created by Gallery Art Claims Impulse
Hi

I have problem because of possible wrong coding of k2 in joomla. In my article there is a red exclamation mark. After installing k2 joomla 2.5 my Civi CRM E-Mail function didn't work. Found solution some body in the Civi community mentioned that k2 extention was the problem. After exchanging the code my Civi CRM editor for the email appear again. But still have problems with the email function in civi crm. My thought is now that the problem of the red exclamation mark in k2 is related to the problem I have with the civi mail text editor. What can I do to solve the problem with the red exclamation mark in k2? Probably will also solve my civi mail problem.

Thanks

Piewo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 months ago #145533 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic red exclamation mark in blog article, joomla 2.5, civi crm m
Hello,

I am not aware of a red exclamation mark.
I will need a link or some info please.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #145549 by Gallery Art Claims Impulse
Replied by Gallery Art Claims Impulse on topic red exclamation mark in blog article, joomla 2.5, civi crm m
Hello

here it is art-claims-impulse.com/aci-news-blog/item/7-dave-ball-interview-a-z

on the right side.

The problem started when I couldn't, after installing k2 for a new template (which is nice) use the civi crm mail function again. The whole text editor didn't load. After researching I found this:

Found a solution: The problems is K2. k2.php was not correct coded.

See plugins/system/k2.php - specifically this code section:

if (JString::strpos($response, 'prefix="og: ogp.me/ns#"') === false) { $searches[] = ''; $replacements[] = 'ogp.me/ns#" '; $replacements[] = 'ogp.me/ns#">'; }

Change this to:

$app =& JFactory::getApplication(); if ($app->isSite()){

if (JString::strpos($response, 'prefix="og: ogp.me/ns#"') === false)
{
$searches[] = '<html ';
$searches[] = '<html>';
$replacements[] = '<html prefix="og: ogp.me/ns#" ';
$replacements[] = '<html prefix="og: ogp.me/ns#">';
}
}

After replacing that code, the text editor came up again. But I still have a lot problems for example I am unable to select any menu point from the drob down menu in Civi CRM.

I believe K2 has an impact on Civi Mail communication.

Best
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Gallery Art Claims Impulse.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 months ago #145569 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic red exclamation mark in blog article, joomla 2.5, civi crm m
The exclamation mark is a CSS generated image by your template which indicates that this item is featured.

The code you pasted does not have anything to do with mailing.

Unfortunately I do not have any experience with Civi CRM, so you may need to address this issue to their support forum.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 2 months ago #145592 by Gallery Art Claims Impulse
Replied by Gallery Art Claims Impulse on topic red exclamation mark in blog article, joomla 2.5, civi crm m
Hi thank you for response.

But how is it possible the after exchanging the code, the civi mail function at least appeared again?
There seems to be a reason in the coding of k2. So this is the right forum I suppose. Is it possible to get in contact to someone from the programing team within K2?

Hm ok so there is no way to get rid of the red exclamation mark? People would ask why is this?
Best

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 months ago #145685 by Krikor Boghossian
The exclamation mark can be replaced in your template's image folder.
As I already told, this was not put there by us, it is template feature (it was not built by us).

Furthermore I do not think that putting a namespace in the html tag can break a mailer. If that is the case, they can on their end cleanup the html tag before running their function, since other extensions might do this as well.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---