Keyword

Is it possible to multiple photos at once?

• 71Corvette
  • 71Corvette's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #145935 by 71Corvette
Is it possible to multiple photos at once? was created by 71Corvette
I have an old web blog that I'm converting to Joomla. The old site is a decent sized image heavy blog with about 80 pages of blog entries. Each blog entry has between 15 and 25 pages.

Each blog entry is being recreated as article in K2. Is there an easier way to upload multiple photos rather than doing them one at a time? It would be nice if I was able to upload all of the photos for each blog entry at once. Otherwise, I'll be uploading about 1,600 photos one at a time. Yikes!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 months ago #145948 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Is it possible to multiple photos at once?
You can use the Simple Image Gallery Pro extension to batch upload galleries. www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/commercial/simple-image-gallery-pro

You can compress and upload each gallery as a .zip file.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• 71Corvette
More
9 years 2 months ago #146061 by 71Corvette
Replied by 71Corvette on topic Is it possible to multiple photos at once?
Thanks for the input.

Right now I've discovered that I can simply pull up my existing webpage and copy the text and photos from the page just as they appear on the screen. From there I can simply paste the text and photos into a K2 item. However, I suspect this isn't the right way to do this.

Could someone educate me as to the potential pitfalls and drawbacks of using this option.

Thanks in advance!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 months ago #146073 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Is it possible to multiple photos at once?
You can c/p inline styling which might cause some visual issues.
Some editors have options to cleanup these styles.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• 71Corvette
More
9 years 2 months ago #146125 by 71Corvette
Replied by 71Corvette on topic Is it possible to multiple photos at once?
Thanks. I've copied and pasted about a half dozen pages into K2 thus far and it seems to be working well. I have to do a bit of cleanup to deal with line breaks and such but it's much faster than manually loading in each photo.

When I pull up my site and check each page of content everything looks good and the images seem to resize properly when I adjust the window size (my new site is responsive).

If there's anything I should be on the lookout for before I go too much further I'd appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the help!

More
9 years 2 months ago #146159 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Is it possible to multiple photos at once?
@71Corvette

There is nothing wrong with the process you are following. If your blog was based on a known platform you could search for migration extensions or hire a developer to build a migration script. However, as i wrote there is nothing wrong in the process you are following. The only thing you need to check is where the images are pointing to ( the URLs of the images ) and ensure that they are pointing to your new website.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---