Keyword

Items and categories have disappeared in backend

More
9 years 2 months ago #146085 by Elena
Hi all,

I use Joomla! 2.5.17 and K2 v2.6.9 . I have the web site for many years and from today I have noticed that somehow my K2 categories and items have disappeared from backend, but still active in frontend. I have them all in frontend and can edit them.

I have found on some forums that this is caused on multilingual sites so because other languages on my site were experimental I have switched them off. But no change.
Also I have read that categories and items that are with Language other than All can disappear and from frontend I have changed the language of few from Macedonian to All and they indeed have shown in frontend.

But I have too many articles and I can click on all in frontend and swith their language to All.

Is there some more practical and fast solution to this problem? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 months ago #146105 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Items and categories have disappeared in backend
You should update to Joomla! 2.5.28. There are security issues.

If you change the language to ALL are the items visible in the backend?
If that is the case, you can assign another language from the db (if you are familiar with this) or manually.

Finally make sure that the menu items you are using belong to the correct language.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 2 months ago #146119 by Elena
I have just noticed that when I try to filter the articles in the backend by using the dropdown language filter, nothing happens. The change I try to apply doesn't happen? Can this have something to do with it?

I really don't know how to solve this.

If I change the language to all from the frontend, yes they appear in the backend, but I can't do this with all 100 and something articles :(

More
9 years 2 months ago #146156 by Lefteris
@Elena

Have you upgraded from Joomla! 1.5? What you describes sounds like a data problem. The items should have the language set to "All" ( unless you have a multilingual site ) .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)