Keyword

Upgrading K2 to K2 v3.0 Dev destroys my website

• John Dunstan
  • John Dunstan's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #147272 by John Dunstan
Hello,

Sorry to sound a little negative, but in all the posts about K2 v3 you guys have stated how there will be no issues with upgrading from K2 2.6.9 etc to K2 3.0.

The trouble is for me, I have been taking an Akeeba Backend and setting up test sites for maybe 9 months now, and every time I install the latest K2 v3 dev from GitHub, it brings my entire website down (not just K2 related page).

I cannot access the frontend or the backend. All I get is blank white pages with error messages.

Here is the error message i get on my most recent attempt:

Warning: require_once(/home/inspirm/public_html/dev/futurewater/administrator/components/com_k2/classes/plugin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/inspirm/public_html/dev/futurewater/plugins/system/k2/k2.php on line 32

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/inspirm/public_html/dev/futurewater/administrator/components/com_k2/classes/plugin.php' (include_path='/home/inspirm/public_html/dev/futurewater/plugins/system/shlib/shl_packages//ZendFramework-1.11.7-minimal/library:.:/usr/local/php55/pear') in /home/inspirm/public_html/dev/futurewater/plugins/system/k2/k2.php on line 32

I have been using K2 for so so so many years and been developing Joomla sites for even longer...so i am a little worried that upgrading to K2 v3 dev brings my entire website down! I have also tried taking (for example) a JoomlArt recent quickstart template package that has K2 support/installed, and tried to upgrade to latest K2 v3 dev, and the same thing happens.

1) How can I fix the above issue

2) How to stop this from happening in the future?

P.S. I can send K2 admins logins if they want to take a look at the test site. Until its fixed, you can see the dev site here: www.inspire.im/dev/futurewater/
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by John Dunstan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #147276 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Upgrading K2 to K2 v3.0 Dev destroys my website
Hello,

This thread is actually for v2. Support for v3 since it is in beta (not a stable release) is handled through the github repo's page.
You can send us admin credentials through the contact form - www.joomlaworks.net/support/contact - to find the issue.

Finally I take that this is a dev site, not a production environment, right?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• John Dunstan
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #147357 by John Dunstan
Replied by John Dunstan on topic Upgrading K2 to K2 v3.0 Dev destroys my website
Yes this is a dev site as described in OP.

After investigating line 32 in plugins/system/k2/k2.php, i can see it references:

require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_k2/classes/plugin.php';

no.1 - The 'classes' folder doesnt even exist

no.2 - Therefore the plugin.php file in said directory doesnt exist

Also, the file where the error shows, is vastly different from the K2 v2.6.9 and the K2 2.7.0 dev, additioanlly it references files and folders that dont exist. Quite confused as how such a thing can occur???

Starting on line 35, it references:

require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_k2/resources/attachments.php';
require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_k2/resources/categories.php';
require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_k2/resources/comments.php';
require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_k2/resources/extrafields.php';
require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_k2/resources/extrafieldsgroups.php';
require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_k2/resources/items.php';
require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_k2/resources/tags.php';
require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_k2/resources/users.php';

And the folder 'resources' doesnt exist....Why reference so many files in a folder that doesnt exist??? What should the folder be referencing??? Since this k2.php file is so different from other versions of K2, i can't figure out what should be referenced??

• John Dunstan
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #147358 by John Dunstan
Replied by John Dunstan on topic Upgrading K2 to K2 v3.0 Dev destroys my website
By removing the file/folder references that 'dont exist' and then ftp the file and replace it..

I then get this error message:

Warning: require_once(/home/inspirm/public_html/dev/futurewater/administrator/components/com_k2/resources/users.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/inspirm/public_html/dev/futurewater/plugins/user/k2/k2.php on line 13

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/inspirm/public_html/dev/futurewater/administrator/components/com_k2/resources/users.php' (include_path='/home/inspirm/public_html/dev/futurewater/plugins/system/shlib/shl_packages//ZendFramework-1.11.7-minimal/library:.:/usr/local/php55/pear') in /home/inspirm/public_html/dev/futurewater/plugins/user/k2/k2.php on line 13

As per the first error message, line 13 in plugins/user/k2/k2.php referes to a folder and file that doesnt exist again!!!!:

require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_k2/resources/users.php';

This is getting to be a bit ridiculous. How can these changes be committed when it means a K2 dev version that doesnt work?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #147370 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Upgrading K2 to K2 v3.0 Dev destroys my website
When did you download the v3?
Are you using any other 3rd party K2 plugins?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)