Keyword

K2 v3 Status?

• Tracey
  • Tracey's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #147336 by Tracey
K2 v3 Status? was created by Tracey
Hi, I have been anxiously awaiting the release of K2 v3 for a project I am working on.

Will you be announcing a date for the public release of v3 so that we have something to look forward to or will it just show up as a download in place of v2.6.9?

I know in your last blog post you said it would be a week after Joomla Day Brazil 2015, does this still hold true or can we expect more delays? If so are we looking at weeks or months?

I'm not trying to be pushy and I'm sure v3 will be worth the wait but I'm just hoping for some kind of timeline for the release.

Joomla! v3.5.1
Gantry5 - Hydrogen Template
k2 v2.7.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #147339 by Tarun Das
Replied by Tarun Das on topic K2 v3 Status?
I don't think there was an "a" in that post. "week after the event" indicates 7 September. Well, 7th to 12 September precisely. But I can't see K2 v3 yet.

Joomla! 3.4.3, K2 v2.6.9 (Eagerly waiting for v3)

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #147354 by Peter Johnson
Replied by Peter Johnson on topic K2 v3 Status?
Now it is Monday 14th and still no v3. Yet another deadline has been missed. So when is the next expected date, Brazil 2017?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #147355 by John Dunstan
Replied by John Dunstan on topic K2 v3 Status?

Peter Johnson wrote: Now it is Monday 14th and still no v3. Yet another deadline has been missed. So when is the next expected date, Brazil 2017?

Completly agree. The attitute that Joomlawrks has to their K2 community is simply not good, given all the delays and excuses...then so call 'private beta'.

Given that Krikor said 'You can experiment with the v3.0 version, but the 'Frontend is not ready yet''...i think this says it all. How can a project that was suppose to be 'close' to being ready 1 year ago still not have parts not finished? K2 v3 should be at the stage where small bugs and visual displays are being tidied up, not with aspects still not finished.

Also, as a business, I dont understand (given all the delays and negativity that Joomlaworks has brought upon themselves)..why they would commit to releasing more than 1 'thing' at the same time. Focus on one thing and do it well. Trying to release k2 v3, a new K2 website, new forums, etc, etc. This spells disaster, especially for a company that has shown they can't keep their deadlines.

Lets hope V3 is what Joomlaworks said it was gonna be, and lets also hope its not full of bugs....as if its full of bugs given all the delays......it'll be worse than Windows Vista!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #147373 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 v3 Status?
@Peter where did you read about Monday the 14th as a deadline?
The official statement was, let us get home from Brazil and allow about 10 days. There was no 14th.

@John Having planned our future projects doesn't mean that we are working on 3498 things on the same time.

Also there are a lot of devs who want to learn the product so this is why we urge them to work with the beta.
It is essential to them to get accentuated with the new version and its feature before they start working on projects.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)