Keyword

Can't install K2 v3

• Tracey
  • Tracey's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #147622 by Tracey
Can't install K2 v3 was created by Tracey
I've tried several times in the past to install v3 and was able to install but always found problems preventing proper testing. This was understandable since it was still in production.

Since k2 v3 is supposed to be out soon I decided to try the latest version but found it will not install at all now. Looking at the files it looks like there is no installation script. I downloaded k2 v3 using the "Download Zip" located on github.

Am I missing something?

I really hope at some point here someone from Joomlaworks can give us/k2 community an honest answer to when v3 will be released. We have been waiting a year now and have only received false statements as to when it will be released. I for one have a website on hold in anticipation for v3. This particular website is finished all except for the wait for v3. I have v2.6.9 installed on the site now but I do not want to chance a bad install of v3 once the site is live so now I am waiting. I also would like time to test v3 before going live with this website. This is a municipal website and I have alot riding on it. How many times do I have to tell my client k2 will be out soon?

Please Joomlaworks give us something! Some honesty would go a long way with us I'm sure. Let us know why the release is being delayed and when we might see v3 so that we can either move on or continue waiting.

Joomla! v3.5.1
Gantry5 - Hydrogen Template
k2 v2.7.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 week ago #147649 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Can't install K2 v3
I would recommend installing v3 on a dev environment. It is not stable yet and it is not recommended for production sites.
One more reason to use it on a dev site is other extensions.
You need to make sure that 3rd party K2 extensions handle v3 nicely.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Tracey
  • Tracey's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #147681 by Tracey
Replied by Tracey on topic Can't install K2 v3
Hi Krikor,

I just tried the install again and this time it worked. I use a free shared server account with x10hosting that i use for testing. It appears the issue was with them.

I'm going to test the installation, should i report any issues here or should I report any issues found on github?

Joomla! v3.5.1
Gantry5 - Hydrogen Template
k2 v2.7.0

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 6 days ago #147716 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Can't install K2 v3
Nice to hear that Tracey,

Actually Github is preferable.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)