Keyword

Spam comments with Re-Captcha enabled on only one article

• Kurunczi László
  • Kurunczi László's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 hours ago - 9 years 10 hours ago #147942 by Kurunczi László
Hi,

Today on one of my websites I got about 260 spam comments on only one artice and nowhere else. The Google ReCaptcha is enbled and working. How is is this possible and can I prevent this in the future without forcing users to register?
I don't want registration because there are only two places where comments are enabled and I want more and more visitors to comment there and lots of visiors are scared away if they need to register.

Thanks in advance.
L.

edit
I almost forgot, both joomla and k2 is the latest version.
Last edit: 9 years 10 hours ago by Kurunczi László.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 hours ago #147945 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Spam comments with Re-Captcha enabled on only one article
If you have real humans commenting, then reCaptcha will be bypassed.
You can add an extra layer of security by enabling Akismet from K2's settings. You can get a free account at akismet.com

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Kurunczi László
More
9 years 7 hours ago - 9 years 6 hours ago #147957 by Kurunczi László
Replied by Kurunczi László on topic Spam comments with Re-Captcha enabled on only one article
I'm not sure I follow. If I'm not mistaken in K2 settings I can only choose one security procedure and that is set to reCaptcha. I added the Aksimet API key in Anti spam settings but if I'm correct it won't do anything because in the comments settings the anti-spam protection is set to reCaptcha.
Or should I enable joomal's reCaptcha and Aksimet in K2? Or simply switch to Aksimet instead of reCaptcha?

Edit:
Ok I missed the option to enable both. But how I know that Askimet is working? I was browsing the html code with firebug but I couldn't any hints that its working. Is the filtering done server side (php)? because than I understand why can't I see anything in the html code.
Last edit: 9 years 6 hours ago by Kurunczi László.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 6 hours ago #147961 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Spam comments with Re-Captcha enabled on only one article
Select "Both" in the "Anti-spam protection" setting in K2's params (comments) section.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Kurunczi László
More
9 years 6 hours ago #147964 by Kurunczi László
Replied by Kurunczi László on topic Spam comments with Re-Captcha enabled on only one article
Thanks, I just edited my previous post, because I missed the "both" option. But the question still stands how I know that Askimet is working?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 5 hours ago #147967 by Krikor Boghossian
You 'll see significantly less spam posts, furthermore blacklisted IPs and emails will not be able to post.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---