Keyword

Display subcategory items inside the subcategory block

• benner
  • benner's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #148492 by benner
Hello,

I am trying to display the list of items of the subcategories inside the subcategory blocks.

Basically in the subcategory blocks, there is a link "View items". I would like to replace the "View items" with the list of items belonging to that subcategory.

Do you know a way to do that?

Thank you for your assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 11 months ago #148495 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Display subcategory items inside the subcategory block
Hello Benner,
By default there is no option to show items, there.
However you can either include modules (K2 Content) in your overrides or you can use the latest items from categories menu item.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• benner
  • benner's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #148497 by benner
Hello Krikor,

I created a module (K2 content) that displays the list of items but I don't know how to proceed with overrides.. I am not into programming that much... I created a new category template but I don't know what code I should include, where, and in which file of the category template ...

Do you know if there is a code available somewhere with some instruction that I could use to do this? May be some other people had the same kind of project..

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
8 years 11 months ago #148515 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Display subcategory items inside the subcategory block
I have done this before for a project, i need to check the file. Basically what i did was to run another foreach loop before loading the item template and check if the item->category->parent = subCategory->id

K2 Rocks \m/