Keyword

How to stop Nu Modus Versus hiding Primary Article Title

• David Spring
  • David Spring's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #148888 by David Spring
We have a problem in that the Nu Modus Versus template is not displaying the titles or descriptions of our Primary items. The titles and descriptions of the primary items only display when we hover our cursor over the images for the Primary articles. We have tried to disable this “feature” but have had no luck. Do you have any advice as to the best way to disable this feature so that the primary item title and description always show?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #148911 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic How to stop Nu Modus Versus hiding Primary Article Title
Hello David,
Do you have a link to share?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• David Spring
More
8 years 10 months ago #148929 by David Spring
Here is a link to our practice website Home page:
ourpracticewebsite.com/
Here is a link to the K2 component using the Nu Modus Versus template
ourpracticewebsite.com/k2-news-nu-modus-versus-template
And here is a link to the same K2 component using the Takai Template
ourpracticewebsite.com/k2-news-takai-template
We are using the K2 version 2.7.0 (the latest developer build)
Thanks for your help in resolving this problem!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #148952 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic How to stop Nu Modus Versus hiding Primary Article Title
By default the primary items will load the grid template - the one you see in the demo. If you want to use all of the item groups you can edit the template.

Open the /templates/numodusversus/html/com_k2/default/category.php file and locate the following block:
			<div class="itemContainer<?php echo $lastContainer.$changeMargins; ?>"<?php echo (count($this->primary)==1) ? '' : ' style="width:'.number_format(100/$this->params->get('num_primary_columns'), 1).'%;"'; ?>>
				<?php
					// Load category_item.php by default
					$this->item=$item;
					echo $this->loadTemplate('item_grid');
				?>
			</div>

Change the echo $this->loadTemplate('item_grid'); part to:
echo $this->loadTemplate('item');

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• David Spring
More
8 years 10 months ago #149103 by David Spring
Thanks for your help in resolving this problem. As you suggested, I changed the code at /templates/numodusversus/html/com_k2/default/category.php
file. Locate the following block at line 184:

<div class="itemContainer<?php echo
$lastContainer.$changeMargins; ?>"<?php echo (count($this->primary)==1) ? '' : '
style="width:'.number_format(100/$this->params->get('num_primary_columns'),
1).'%;"'; ?>>
<?php
// Load category_item.php by default

$this->item=$item;
echo $this->loadTemplate('item_grid');
?> </div>

Change the echo $this->loadTemplate('item_grid'); part to:
echo $this->loadTemplate('item');

However, now the primary items and images are not being displayed at all by the NuModusVersus template. There is simply a small blank row where the primary items should be. Primary items are still displayed correctly by the Takai template.

I therefore did a comparison of the category.php file in Takai to the category.php file in NuModusversus at this block of code. There were only two differences between these blocks of code (besides the _grid which I had deleted).

At Takai Line 173 (NMV Line 168), the class was added: <div id="itemListPrimary" class="small-12">

I therefore added this class to line 168 of the NuModusVersus (NMV) category.php file. It did not help. The primary items remained hidden.

The only other difference was that the NuModusVersus template included the following lines in the block which were not included in the Takai Template primary display block:

if ($this->params->get('num_primary_columns')==3 || $this->params->get('num_primary_columns')==4)
$changeMargins= ' newMargins';
else
$changeMargins= ''; ?>

I am not very good at PHP so I do not know if this would make a difference. I did analyze the CSS of both Takai and Nu Modus Versus pages with Firebug and found that the NuModusVersus template has some odd CSS such as setting the font size to 0 at Line 1080 in the template.css file that is not shown with the Takai template. So I think the NuModusVersus CSS might be part of the problem.
Alternately, should I simply delete the extra php lines from the NuModusVersus block?
Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you would like access to the back end of the website and I can send it to you.

More
8 years 10 months ago #149123 by Lefteris
Hi,

Something seems to be wrong in the markup. I suggest to revert the changes, and just check the category options for displaying the item title. If that does not work, the code to display the title inside a XXXX_item.php template is:
<?php echo $this->item->title; ?>

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---