Keyword

K2 Content and Module Suffix

• Paul Adamson
  • Paul Adamson's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #148978 by Paul Adamson
K2 Content and Module Suffix was created by Paul Adamson
I came across a problem this week while using the K2 Content Module. I discovered that with module style set to 'default', which usually means 'xhtml', and if I specify a module suffix of myClass, then the class styling is applied to both the Joomla module div (moduletable) and the K2 Content module div (k2ItemsBlock). I don't normally notice this since my styling is usually limited to fonts and such, but in this case I was putting a border around the module so the border showed up twice. I get the following rendered:

http://imgur.com/3bSnGHN

I solved the problem by creating a module override and editing the template to remove the addition of the module suffix from the k2ItemBlock. I'm wondering if this was intentional behaviour for K2, or am I missing something? Should I be turning off module styling when working with the K2 Content Module and the module suffix so that the Joomla-level div is not rendered?

Thanks for your help,
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #148999 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic K2 Content and Module Suffix
Hi,

In the previous versions of Joomla! the suffix was added traditionally by the modules, not the template. In the latest versions of Joomla! the default template "Protostar" is adding the suffix when it renders the modules.

So what you did, is what i also would have done. The other option would be to edit the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/modules.php and remove the suffix from there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.