Keyword

How to create different varieties for items

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #149331 by marco
Hello friends! Nice to join you! ;)

I have a little problem to solve and trust me I've been looking all around the web!
So I'm creating this website using k2 to build a catalog, the business is fruit and vegetables.
The company doesn't want any e-commerce so I decided to use k2 to build the catalog.
Now I have some items like i.e. "orange" where there are some varieties and i would like to create only one item and put inside the different varieties (without using the editor). Untill now i've been using this scheme:
orange (category)
- variety1 (item)
- variety2 (item)
- variety3 (item)

I have the perfect example grupoagroponiente.com/catalogo/pepino/, i know is wordpress but honestly if you can do it in wordpress why not in joomla.
As you can see one item and more pictures to show the varieties.
Also i need to create a seasonality calendar like the one you can see in the top-right of the item.

Pleasy help this poor guy! ;)
Thanks in advance
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by marco.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #149355 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic How to create different varieties for items
Hello,

You can extrafields to display extra content.
With extrafields it is possible to render them directly on your template and use the markup you want.

You can find a rudimentary example here:
github.com/kricore/Advanced-templating-with-K2/blob/master/_inc/cheatsheet.php#L105-L109

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #149367 by marco
Thanks Krikor,

but as I can see I can just add one extra field, and I need flexibility because a product can have from 1 up to 20 varieties.
So I created one extra field group called "product varieties" and added an image field and a text field.
How can I add more of that every time I need?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #149369 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic How to create different varieties for items
You can create a set of 20 fields, assign them distinct aliases and only use the ones you need.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 10 months ago #149376 by marco
Ok that could be one way but seems really impractical!
Instead what do you think if I create a new template just for the products where I use categories as Item like:

products:
-category1
-category1.1
-category1.2

so i.e when you enter category1.2 and there are items I can display the items as varieties, it should be more dynamic than having fixed extra fields.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #149378 by Krikor Boghossian
You can publish a K2 Content module on these menu items in order to avoid having multiple templates.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---