Keyword

H1 and H2 Heading Tags for SEO

• Todd Williams
  • Todd Williams's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #149513 by Todd Williams
H1 and H2 Heading Tags for SEO was created by Todd Williams
I am using Joomla 3.4.5 with K2 2.6.9 ( ecaminc.com ) and I am trying to understand/debug header tags.

SEO tools ding me as I do not have any H1 tags on any of my pages. I have tried using the standard Joomla Menu Page Title and display that (which in non-K2 menus show as an H1), but K2 does make those H1 tags, it shows them as <div class="componentheading">. So how do I make a menu category listing show an H1 tag and have all the articles in the list as H2 (they are H3, now). Then after clicking on an item, how can I have the Item Title be an H1?

Or, am I thinking about this all wrong and need to be addressing this another way? After all I cannot help but think others have this same issue. As I have not seen it posted here, I assume I am missing some basic configuration on K2.

Thanks,
Todd

Cheers,
Todd Williams

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #149538 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic H1 and H2 Heading Tags for SEO
Hello,

Every part of K2 can be overriden.
getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

You can use overrides in order to add the proper header tags for your site.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #149544 by Joe Campbell
Replied by Joe Campbell on topic H1 and H2 Heading Tags for SEO
Hello Todd,

Your website is using the EnergizeThemes "Omega" theme - www.energizethemes.com/Joomla-Templates/Omega-Joomla-Template.html

If you view the source on the blog list and item pages, you will see that the template does not utilize H1 or H2 tags.
demo.energizethemes.com/omega/our-blog.html

I would recommend contacting the developer and requesting assistance as utilizing H1 and H2 tags are a web standard.
Or you can hire a Joomla! K2 developer to create override files that include the tags.

I hope this helps,

Joe Campbell