Keyword

Visitors posting comments multiple times

• Doug Deitel
  • Doug Deitel's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #149985 by Doug Deitel
Visitors posting comments multiple times was created by Doug Deitel
It appears that my visitors are inadvertently posting a comment multiple times because after they hit the "submit comment" button, their original comment, name and email remain filled in on the form and only the "captcha" clears. The fact that the comment was accepted is not very apparent.

I tested this and I did notice a message below the captcha that indicates comment will be "posted soon." Perhaps the visitors are missing this. and are thinking because the "captcha" cleared but the comment field remained that they needed to try again. User error I know, but one that many visitors seem to make.

Is there anything I can do to help visitors recognize that they successfully posted their comment? Ideally the screen would refresh and they would see their comment added immediately... but any reasonable solution is welcome.

My site is www.3cushionbilliards.com and we are using the Gavick template known as University.

Advice to improve my visitors experience would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #149995 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Visitors posting comments multiple times
You can enable the auto posting of comments, but that means that the comments will be published without any moderation.

Realistically you can change the message visually to another colour eg: green so it is more noticeable.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Doug Deitel
More
8 years 9 months ago #150000 by Doug Deitel
Replied by Doug Deitel on topic Visitors posting comments multiple times
The problem is not related to whether auto-publish is on or off... the message at the bottom can be missed in either case. If auto-publish is on the multiple posts appear on the front end. If auto-post is off, multiple comments pile up for moderation. I've tried that change unsuccessfully.

I would gladly test a brighter, more prominent color and message. Where would I find the file to make that code change?

Also, one last hope... is it possible to add some snippet of code that would automatically refresh the browser page after submit comment is pressed. and processed? Or just force the clearing of the comment, name and email fields after submit comment is pressed and processed? That way the visitor would not be tempted to press submit comment multiple times even if they did miss the message!

Thanks for your patience and kind help.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #150002 by Krikor Boghossian
If auto posting is enabled an AJAX call is being executed and the new comment is shown.

Finally as for the styling of your template and which files have been edited you need to contact the template's developer.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Doug Deitel
More
8 years 9 months ago #150004 by Doug Deitel
Replied by Doug Deitel on topic Visitors posting comments multiple times
OK... thanks for clarifying the AJAX call... I will contact Gavick on template related questions now.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #150009 by Krikor Boghossian
You 're welcome Doug.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---